How many Fanlistings for a collective?

Discuss anything concerning websites that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Forum rules
General Site Discussion is for website discussion that doesn't seem to fit under any of the other forums in this category. Shrine Discussions covers discussions about shrine content, Graphics and Coding covers anything visual and code-related of site-making.
FandomSavant

Fri May 06, 2016 3:21 pm

I actually opened my collective to house my joined fanlistings, if I remember correctly. I was still in the process of creating my first one (this time around -- I had a bunch of FLs years ago).

So, in my case... zero was the number. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant

Delphine

Fri May 06, 2016 6:26 pm

I think I opened my collective after getting my first fanlisting online, I had previous websites that could prove my HTML skills so I didn't need to open one before applying o: I use Enthusiast for management as well, but as others said before, I guess you can do fine without it if you don't have an enormous number of fanlistings. In my case, it's just laziness :')

Andrea

Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Oooh, this is such an interesting question!

I have about 15 fanlistings right now, but I've never really owned a fanlistings collective—or I never referred to the space where I displayed them as one formally. Usually I just list my fanlistings along with my other sites—similar to what I'm doing now on my domain! But this might be because I think of most of my fanlistings as shrines, future shrines or just small interactive sites. I also haven't owned too many fanlistings at once over the years, so I never really felt a need to make a collective dedicated to them.

I don't think the number of fanlistings matters too much—just do whatever! If you see yourself owning a lot of fanlistings (maybe around 20+?), having a fanlisting collective might be a good idea. But if you like to keep your sites in one spot and would rather not make a separate collective, I think that's all right, too!

As for scripts, I also use Enthusiast! After manually updating my fanlistings for 5+ years, using it was a magical experience—after I powered through the tedious task of converting all my fanlistings to it first, of course. Never. Again. :ack:

isavarg

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:20 am

I tend to have them all under one collective (I have around twenty, 10 of which I am resigning/redeveloping once I get my hosting sorted out!)

My Star Wars related ones are also linked to on my Rogue/Wraith Squadron site which I'm building, which includes some characters and a couple author FLs. It is tempting to have them on separate sites if you have a lot that are related to a fandom, or category, but it's a bit time consuming that way.

• Information