I feel like my brain is an omelette du fromage
, so I turn to you, Amassment. Help me decide the best option for my upcoming professional website and portfolio!
What I need:
- Site must be bilingual, since I am a translator
- Quotes and Contact Forms
- Modern look
What would be nice:
- Nice little hover effects
- The possibility to shift from an English page to a French page and vice versa
- Not too complicated to build up
Technologies available to me:
- HTML5 and CSS3 + PHP includes + Isotope
- Semantic UI
- Hugo (maybe?)
I am tempted to try out Hugo maybe, but for a professional website I think maybe something I know in and out would be safer? A simple site using a framework like Bootstrap or Semantic UI would be easy to build up, but for a really powerful website should I got through the trouble of a custom Wordpress theme? Or am I allowed to buy a theme on like Theme Forest even if it is my pro website? Or should I use another technology entirely? I also don't know what to put in my portfolio as example but that can wait...
Throw in your $0.02, please!