New domain name

Discuss anything concerning websites that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Forum rules
General Site Discussion is for website discussion that doesn't seem to fit under any of the other forums in this category. Shrine Discussions covers discussions about shrine content, Graphics and Coding covers anything visual and code-related of site-making.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:28 am

SO I BOUGHT A NEW DOMAIN NAME orz somebody stop me.

It's worldsedge.ca (World's Edge) and it's for a Final Fantasy 7 and possibly 15 fansite, since I have written like 9 or 10 FF7 fanfictions and don't show any sign of stopping anytime soon.

If I ever build my Turks shrine it will also go under that domain. Eventually. For now it's not set up on my host, so there is nothing to see.

Anyone else thinking of getting a new domain lately? What for?
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone

Robin
Events Staffer

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:29 pm

A thousand moons ago I thought about getting another domain name--warm-melody.org--to perhaps serve as my original music site...

'Course, I would need to get my music copyrighted and recorded first, though, and then I would need a job to pay for said domain...LOL
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org

Crystal

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:35 pm

I really want to get a new domain specifically for my Fire Emblem sites. I have a name picked out and everything. It's just a matter of asking as my Dad is the one who currently pays for my domain and hosting right now. *cough*
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.

Lethe

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Working on my 1P1M shrine has made me realize I'd like to make more character shrines for Claymore and then link them on the series shrine, so if that does happen, I wonder whether I'll end up buying a domain just for that since I've always thought it was lovely for people to have separate domains dedicated to a certain subject!

I hope this doesn't come across as advertising, but if you use Namecheap as your domain registrar, you'll want to check out their Twitter Trivia (usually Christmas week and during Super Bowl each year) - if you're quick and/or lucky, you can amass a considerable amount of Namecheap credits to purchase things (hosting, domains, certificates, etc.) there... *O*

I've saved up a lot of credits over the years by participating in those Trivias, so I won't have to worry about renewing domains for a while. /cough
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.

Destinie

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:10 am

I love it!! /late to the game ORZ

I just bought a domain for my dating sim I am working on myheavenlyenvoy.com

I want to buy more vanity names just for fun...omg I would love to get one for a monster collective. No...why...stop me please.........

Chibi

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:51 am

Congrats on your new domain! :D I'm currently waiting for Black Friday to buy a couple of domains... whether I'll have time to work on them though it's anyone's guess, haha!

Larissa
Time Traveler

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:54 am

I actually bought a new domain a few months ago... :x I just haven't had any time to work on it yet. In theory it's for a fansite, but we'll see what shakes out.
tonight fate is the

Anise

Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:56 pm

I bought a new domain, but that's because I didn't have one for a while. I look forward to the possibility of seeing a Turks shrine from you though.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG

GoGetEm

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:09 am

Sorry (she says in a timid voice) but I have a total newbie question. I guess I should be no where near the domain name stage yet, since I am still working out my first idea, but sometimes I feel like once you put a name to something, the rest will fall into place. Anyway, I guess my question is whether you guys think that a regular .com is the way to go, or is anyone buying into the whole new top level domains band wagon? I can see some of the benefits for sure of having something more specific, but do we think this is here to stay or will .com outlive them all? Also, where do you guys usually buy your domains from? I've been fiddling with ideas and comparing prices here, but would love to hear your advice for where to look as well.

nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi! Domains buying depends where you live, really! Personally I'm a big fan of .ca domains, which I buy at rebel.ca (they used to have a better name), but .ca domains are for Canadians residents. I heartily recommend the as domain name seller, however, and you can get any of the big three (.com .net .org) or a fancy schmancy domain from them like .ninja.

Personally my next all encompassing domains will most likely be a .works :D
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone

• Information