Weirdest website stats?

Discuss anything concerning websites that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Forum rules
General Site Discussion is for website discussion that doesn't seem to fit under any of the other forums in this category. Shrine Discussions covers discussions about shrine content, Graphics and Coding covers anything visual and code-related of site-making.
Mikari

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Someone reached my site by searching for an old Mario fanfic that I can't seem to find myself. I must have moved it, renamed it or deleted it, but either way, it would be on FFnet not on my site, so I'm not sure how that worked as a keyword.

Stefi
Administrator

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:24 pm

At some point one of my sites got a ton of hits from a Japanese twitter. Apparently they were advertising my image galleries??

JSM175

Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:18 am

I love looking through my stats trying to find little oddities. It's interesting to imagine the person behind the stat looking at your site isn't it? I have definitely had my share of strange stats, although never anything quite as interesting as a Japanese website advertising my page sadly.

I have also been considering trying a different web analytics software (like Piwik for example)after reading about them here:

https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide/on ... analytics/

Does anybody having any experience using something other than Google Analytics? Is it worth it?

Camy
Administrator

Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:44 pm

I used to use Piwik but switched entirely to Histats along with Google Anayltics. Histats is free and is also pretty lol
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.

• Information