Inexhaustible Peace

From August 2014 to the end of January 2015, participate in eight of our best and most memorable shrine marathons!
Robin
Events Staffer

Inexhaustible Peace

Post by Robin »

I hadn't even planned on joining this marathon, but then my brain got set on fire with a shrine idea, and in just a few days I had a fitting site for 3 of the Blast for the Past categories.

So, without further ado, I present:

Inexhaustible Peace, about Helen Burns from Charlotte Bronte's novel Jane Eyre

This little one-pager falls delicately into Paperback Marathon, Minor Character Marathon, and Girl Mode--check it out!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Re: Inexhaustible Peace

Post by Crystal »

I read through this when you plugged it on Twitter and I very much enjoyed it. (I may have also cried a bit *cough*) It's small but it feels like I know all about who she is. I love it!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I really enjoyed reading through this, Robin! It is a very thoughtful and moving tribute. The section on why you like Helen is especially insightful. Nice work! :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you both! :D :D :D (I cried a little while writing this shrine, and definitely cried while reading Helen's part of the book...sooooo many feels ;_;)
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm not familiar with the story, but the shrine is very detailed and well made :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you, Mikari! :D I like 19th century Brit-lit in general, and Jane Eyre has always been a favorite of mine ever since I had to read it for high school English ^_^. Le boyfriend found me an AMAZINGLY prettily-bound copy in a bookstore recently, so I've been rereading it over the last week. Then, brain went FOOOOOOF with shrine idea and the rest is history xD
withinmyworld.org