death wish

From August 2014 to the end of January 2015, participate in eight of our best and most memorable shrine marathons!
Larissa
Time Traveler

death wish

Post by Larissa »

I was just starting work on this revamp when the challenge was announced, and I'm glad I got to do it as part of this challenge! I made this site for the OTP marathon back in 2010, but I was in college at the time and wasn't able to finish it by the deadline. Since then, this site has been online in a half-finished state, under the name "Atropos". Now it's got a new name, a new layout, a bunch of new sections, and most importantly: finished content!

I rewrote or at least significantly edited all of the existing content sections (all 4 of them... well 5 after I was done editing sob), as well as added a bunch of new ones. There's also a media section now, and I got approved for the fanlisting in the middle of the revamp, so that's a thing.

Also there's a really bad fanmix. I had fun with that.
tonight fate is the
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: death wish

Post by Robin »

AWESOME. Wowwww. So detailed, and I love the high-contrast layout--it highlights the content rather than stealing its spotlight completely. (And the fanmix is COOL :D)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I saw your plug on Twitter and it looks awesome! I've just read through the introduction as I've never read/seen the series but I really enjoyed it.

(Also in reply to your email I'm surprised it wasn't listed at Emotion yet either. I'll get it added soon!)
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Woo! Congrats on finishing! I know you worked hard on this. :) I love the layout. I haven't read much beyond the intro page (which is very informative!) because I've never read TB, although I've seen bits of X years ago. They've been on my tbr list for so long but I'm just hesitant to get into anything unfinished. I did enjoy the fanmix though. I love that Lady Gaga is on it.
a spoony bard
Todd

Post by Todd »

I haven't read TB either, so I can't comment too much on your content, but you made it very easy to understand and get into, and the layout is beautiful! I really found the honorific section interesting. I liked that you covered no honorific, too. I didn't know that!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Holy macaroni, this site takes me back! I remember reading X as it came out in French and looking for CLAMP fansites on the college computer...
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thank you all for the kind responses! :heart: I really appreciate it.

@Emma: X has, like, the worst cliffhanger of all time, it's terrible. Tokyo Babylon is complete, at least, and it's my favorite CLAMP series.
tonight fate is the
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Awesome job, Larissa! I haven't read TB in about 15 years so reading though this jettisoned me right back to my teens. It's really well-written and the layout fits the atmosphere of the series to a T.

You probably have these already, but the Single Triple image single set is lying around somewhere in my CD rack if you'd like scans or rips of Seishirou and Subaru's. :3
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I don't, actually! I've actually had a lot of trouble finding TB/X scans - most sites that had them in the past are down these days. I'd love anything you'd be willing to share!

And thank you very much for the kind words! :heart: I'm glad it reads well, I did kind of get to a point while writing where I just wanted to yell at the characters, haha :swt:
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I might just finally get around to reading Tokyo Babylon, then. I know I'd just get extremely frustrated and angry at the cliffhanger in X, haha. I'd like to spare myself from that kind of rage.
a spoony bard