What are your plans?

From August 2014 to the end of January 2015, participate in eight of our best and most memorable shrine marathons!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

What are your plans?

Post by nyxmidnight »

Since we can only sign up for one shrine at a time for this challenge, I thought we could discuss our plans here to not clog up the sign-up thread.

1. Are you going for the Time Traveller title?

2. Tell us about the shrines you plan to make for the challenge. What are the subjects? How do they fit in the different marathons?

I'll start!

1. I don't know if I can get there, but I am going for the title of Time Traveller anyway!

2. To cover five marathons, I plan on making three shrines:
A. a complete rebuild of my multi-page Sky Doll shrine, La Poupée qui fait non, which would fit under General Series Fansite and Paperback;
B. a conversion of the Junpei Iori/Akihiko Sanada fanlisting into a shrine dedicated to their (non-canon) couple, which would fit under OTP and Fanlisting to Shrine;
C. either finishing my old Creature Feature challenge by shrining Sparda from Devil May Cry or starting a brand new shrine to Kenzou Satake, the bathing Yakuza boss from Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army and Devil Summoner 2 - Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon. Either would fit under Minor Character Fansite.

For the Junpei/Akihiko one, I will undoubtedly be asking you guys for help, as I have never shrined a couple before and I'm a bit at a loss for section ideas aside from "I LOVE THEM SO MUCH" and "THEY ARE PERFECT TOGETHER OTP" :ack:
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Todd

Re: What are your plans?

Post by Todd »

Thanks for posting this, nyx! I'm definitely going for Time Traveler, but I'm not sure how yet. I added my one pager to Minor Character because I'm already working on it, but past that, I need to hit four more marathons. I was thinking about a female character from a book. That would hit Paperback and Girl Mode. I need to do a third site that hits two more marathons to make the five. Six months is a long time. I think I can do it.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I have... a lot of ideas, haha. Almost all of my upcoming site plans fit under this challenge! The only one that doesn't is revamping my ONE OK ROCK site. So while I'm not sure what all I'll end up doing as part of this challenge, nearly everything I'd like to do counts.

1. Yup! My current project fits under 2 (possibly 3) categories and it shouldn't be difficult to fit another project or two in there to fit the rest.

2. I try to make sites based on where my inspiration is at the moment, because otherwise I get frustrated and end up not finishing it. (For example, I tried to finish my Cloud/Tifa site last month to meet a fanlisting deadline and wasn't able to - I just wasn't feeling it.) Still, I've got a bunch of different ideas I'm thinking about:
  • Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto arc (General series, Paperback)
  • Kefka (FFVI) revamp (Villain)
  • FFXIII site expansion (General series) -- I still need to make the FFXIII-2 and LR sections!
  • Lightning (FFXIII) (Girl Mode)
  • Halo site? FFXII site?? Sailor Uranus??? WHO KNOWS.
Basically if I make even 1 or 2 of those ideas I'll be happy. They're all sites I've wanted to make for ages and they all fit in the marathon somehow so I'd really like to do them! Six months should be plenty of time.
tonight fate is the
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

nyxmidnight wrote:For the Junpei/Akihiko one, I will undoubtedly be asking you guys for help, as I have never shrined a couple before and I'm a bit at a loss for section ideas aside from "I LOVE THEM SO MUCH" and "THEY ARE PERFECT TOGETHER OTP" :ack:
You could have something like this (which most pairing sites have):

1. General Info about the series summarized. Where are they from? Who is it by?
2. About Character A (from the basics to their personality and their appearances
3. About Character B (same thing as above)
4. Relationship. Just what sort of relationship do they have in YOUR eyes and in the series.
5. Moments of where they interact. Have like anchors of the episode/chapter/act/whatever for easy navigation with each section that goes back to the top.
6. Essays.

That's the basics. I look at other sites to get a general idea to see what else I can shove into it xD

------

1. Are you going for the Time Traveller title? I'm going to try.

2. Tell us about the shrines you plan to make for the challenge. What are the subjects? How do they fit in the different marathons?

o Chikage Kazama and Chizuru Yukimura from Hakuouki (OTP and Villain. Hopefully the Girl Mode too)
o Erza Scarlett from Fairy Tail~ (Backup for Girl Mode | Will also be for Paperback)
o Spike from MLP: FIM. (Minor Character)
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

1. Not really but if I happen to be eligible that would be cool!

2. The shrines I am planning to make:

Shrine to Otachi from Pacific Rim. Otachi can fit into the Girl Mode! Marathon, Live Action Marathon, Villains Marathon, and Minor Character Marathon!

Then a general series fansite to Link to the Past.

To be honest, I have no idea when I will be able to work on these sites but I figured that I could surprise myself and get both done in 6 months. I've been wanting to do Link to the Past for a while but I need to think about how giant I want that site to be...Seriously, there's SO MUCH I could ramble on about...
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Camy wrote:
nyxmidnight wrote:For the Junpei/Akihiko one, I will undoubtedly be asking you guys for help, as I have never shrined a couple before and I'm a bit at a loss for section ideas aside from "I LOVE THEM SO MUCH" and "THEY ARE PERFECT TOGETHER OTP" :ack:
You could have something like this (which most pairing sites have):

1. General Info about the series summarized. Where are they from? Who is it by?
2. About Character A (from the basics to their personality and their appearances
3. About Character B (same thing as above)
4. Relationship. Just what sort of relationship do they have in YOUR eyes and in the series.
5. Moments of where they interact. Have like anchors of the episode/chapter/act/whatever for easy navigation with each section that goes back to the top.
6. Essays.

That's the basics. I look at other sites to get a general idea to see what else I can shove into it xD
Thank you so much for this! :3 I know I'm being a bit off-topic in my own thread with that question, but I was worried that if I wrote an essays topic in the forum right after putting this one up I'd look like a spammer :sob:
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm in the middle of a very big shrine right now so my participation in this depends on when I get my current project finished. It might take a while, as my PC died and I'm still getting the hang of my tiny dockable laptop (has it for 2 days today). I'm going to get my pc fixed, I just don't know when I'll get my hands on the parts. I'm pretty active in progressing with my current shrine, so who knows... though I'll likely need a break after this project is done.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I won't make it my goal but if I happen to hit it awesome. If not oh well.

I haven't entirely decided yet. So far there is just my 1P1M shrine, which falls under Girl Mode and Minor Character, and Princess Zelda from the Legend of Zelda series, which falls under Girl Mode and Fanlisting to Shrine, that I have planned right now. I'd like to attempt Regina/The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time, which would fall under Girl Mode, The Darker Side and Live Action, but I haven't entirely decided yet. I guess we'll see.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Same as Crystal - I'm not going to make it a goal. If it happens, it happens. :)

Hmm, well, I need to finish my 1P1M shrine, which doesn't fall under any of the marathons (damn you, male main character from an anime!). While I'm actually concerned I won't get it finished in time for the 1P1M reveal, I will complete it regardless. But in making this shrine, I've kinda mostly written another one pager for another character in the same series, so I'll be signing up with her for Girl Mode. :)

Aside from that:

- I've always wanted to make something for Sansa Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire books - specifically the books and not the show, although it's obviously something that would need to be mentioned. And I'm rereading the series right now, so I'm very tempted to shrine her for the Girl Mode and Paperback marathons. After I get those one pagers done, Sansa will be the next one I sign up for, and will probably take me a while to do, so I kinda doubt I'll be able to get any more done.

BUT IF I COULD, these are my current ideas, in no particular order:

- I have half a site written for Rydia of FFIV (and my domain namesake!), so I would also like to finish that! So that would be another for Girl Mode.
- I have a few fanlistings I'd like to something more with. So I need to think about which of them I'd like to work on first. Some of them fall under Girl Mode too, and some under General Series.
- There's some Fire Emblem: Awakening characters I'm really loving that would be fun to shrine and wouldn't be terribly huge to make because they'd fall under the Minor Character marathon (and Girl Mode too, I'm sensing a theme).

I just need to finish my 1P1M!
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

omg Emma please do Sansa. I would love to see a site for her, there's just so much to talk about and she's such a great character. I'M EXCITED.

@Destinie: I'd really love to see a Link to the Past site! That's the only Legend of Zelda site I've actually finished (I'm not much of a Zelda player) so I'd love to see what you've got in mind for it.

(Also I keep not getting coins for posting in this part of the boards for some reason, is that intentional?)
tonight fate is the