About Blast From the Past

From August 2014 to the end of January 2015, participate in eight of our best and most memorable shrine marathons!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: About Blast From the Past

Post by nyxmidnight »

Question about my tentative subject.

I want to revamp/rebuild my Sky Doll shrine. It would count toward Paperback and General Series Fansite, since it's a bande dessinée series. However, all the characters driving the story (protagonist, main antagonist and secondary antagonist) and most of the characters in positions of power are women. Would that count toward Girl Mode as well?
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Todd

Post by Todd »

nyxmidnight wrote:Question about my tentative subject.

I want to revamp/rebuild my Sky Doll shrine. It would count toward Paperback and General Series Fansite, since it's a bande dessinée series. However, all the characters driving the story (protagonist, main antagonist and secondary antagonist) and most of the characters in positions of power are women. Would that count toward Girl Mode as well?
Hey, nyx! I wouldn't think so personally, but I am posing this question to the Events Team and will let them vote. I'll let you know! Would you like to sign up with the subject anyway for Paperback and General Series? It definitely works for them, so you can get started if you want. :)
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

It's okay if it doesn't count toward Girl Mode, I just wanted to know :) I'll post in the sign-up thread when I'm ready to sign up, right now I'm still working out a list of my potential subjects and in what order I want to try them.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Hey Nyx, just letting you know that the Events Team collectively decided that it doesn't quite fit Girl Mode. Sorry! We hope you make it for Paperback and General Series, though!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

No problem. Thanks for letting me know!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I have another question. It's about minor characters. I was thinking of entering with Xanxus from Katekyou Hitman Reborn. He fits into Paperback and Antagonist. Now, he's not a main character per se, but he does serve as a rival to the main character for one arc of the manga/anime. I would also like to include him in minor character, but you said this was case by case. I can see how he might fit in as a minor character, but I want to double check. There is some time where he does help to drive the story, but he plays a secondary role for much of the rest.

Thanks!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I have a question too. Do antagonist that switch sides still count? Like he was a bully for half of the game and then is your bro for the rest? And if it's a OTP and only one half is bully switching, does it count?

Dude, that's confusing. Okay, um I was thinking about entering with Groose and Impa. My OTP from Skyward Sword. Both are minor characters, OTP but I'm not sure about the antagonist part because of the jerk turn friend part. So I was curious it if fit or not. ALSO FANLISTING.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Saya

Post by Saya »

I have a question: as I'm doing the huge thing (i prolly hate myself), about Assassin's Creed series - as in SERIES, as in the major games (will prolly talk about the side games near the major games) - it will take me definitely more then till February 2015.

So my question is, the way i made a structure is divided per games + a section for the "modern days". I'm starting with writing content for modern days and then I'll pass on writing on the first game.

Ho much content do I have to have for the shrine to be accepted for the marathon?
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Hey Saya, you just need a minimum of five pages (this can include the site information and index pages too). :) I hope that helps!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Saya

Post by Saya »

Thank you crystal, it actually does, it means I already have 2 pages XD - I'll try to have at least the "Modern" part of the AC series finished as to give at least one small part of "finished" idea.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.