Un Día de Victoria

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Un Día de Victoria

Post by Larissa »

Hola a todos! Por fin he terminado mi sitio para el reto: Lopez de webseries Rojo vs Azul. Yo nunca lo habría hecho si no fuera por este desafío, así que estoy contento de haber tenido la oportunidad de hacerlo - que tenía un montón de diversión. Mis otros sitios RvA son estudios de carácter más graves, y él me permite ver el show, ya que es ridículo.

...Whoops. Must have left the Spanish setting on. Let's try that again.

Hello all! I've finally completed my site for the challenge: for Lopez from the webseries Red vs Blue. I never would have made it if not for this challenge, so I'm glad to have had the chance to make it -- I had a ton of fun. My other RvB sites are more serious character studies, and this one let me look at the show as the ridiculous thing it is.

This is also the one RvB site I have that doesn't give away the huge spoilers of the show, so there's that. (The next one I make is gonna have to have giant spoiler warnings everywhere, sob.)

I don't think anyone here knows the show, but let me know what you think anyway? :heart:
Last edited by Larissa on Tue May 06, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonight fate is the
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Un Día de Victoria

Post by dubiousdisc »

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK DID YOU ACTUALLY MAKE A BILINGUAL SITE
HOLY SHIT YOU DID

SHIT!

Congratulations!!

(I'll be reading this later, I'm familiar enough with the show even though I haven't watched it actually :B)
Saya

Post by Saya »

Wow *blown away* I'll need to read it, but... wow... I'm already blown away
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

LMFAO, well, if you call Google Translate that I intentionally made worse bilingual, then yes. Lopez canonically speaks shitty Babelfish/Google Translate Spanish, so... I made a website in shitty Google Translated Spanish. Purely for the sake of the joke.

I ran every paragraph through Google Translate at least twice to make it as incomprehensible as possible. I am so sorry to anyone who actually speaks Spanish. (I took about 7 years of it in school, which means I remember virtually none of it. But it looks like Spanish!)

Never doubt my dedication to stupid jokes.

(Also there's a section in French.)
tonight fate is the
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Seriously it is awesome. I'm not familiar with the series but after reading through the introduction it totally makes sense on why the site is in two languages. I love it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT WAS LOPEZ FROM RvB

LET ME LOVE YOUUUUUU -coughs-

Man, now I REALLY wish my parents taught me Spanish because this....this is FANTASTIIIIIIC -flails-
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Lol XD I'm fluent in Spanish and it's actually not so bad. XD It's a cool detail that you made it more in character like this. :D very detailed too.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

@Crystal: Thank you! :heart: It was a lot of work for a silly joke, but totally worth it.

@Camy: LOL, seriously, just read the English version -- you don't want to read the Spanish one, it's terrible.

@Mikari: Oh god I'm so sorry, don't read too much of it LMFKDA It might not seem bad, but when you compare it to the English pages to see what the original text was, it's clear how much the auto-translate mangled it.
tonight fate is the
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Larissa wrote:@Crystal: Thank you! :heart: It was a lot of work for a silly joke, but totally worth it.
You're welcome! And I agree. That's what makes it even better to me.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Larissa wrote:LMFAO, well, if you call Google Translate that I intentionally made worse bilingual, then yes. Lopez canonically speaks shitty Babelfish/Google Translate Spanish, so... I made a website in shitty Google Translated Spanish. Purely for the sake of the joke.

I ran every paragraph through Google Translate at least twice to make it as incomprehensible as possible. I am so sorry to anyone who actually speaks Spanish. (I took about 7 years of it in school, which means I remember virtually none of it. But it looks like Spanish!)

Never doubt my dedication to stupid jokes.

(Also there's a section in French.)
But as Mikari said, it's actually not as horribly fractured as you think it is XD (other Spanish speaker here)
no wait. actually I don't know how but the index? the index in particular is really not very fractured. the pages though can be pretty hilarious XD
Todo Lopez esta temporada realmente sentarse y snark
y snark

y snark!

(is the french section another joke or am I stupid and I can't find it?)