Most Challenging Aspect?

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Destinie

Most Challenging Aspect?

Post by Destinie »

What was/is the most difficult part of making a shrine to your non-human character? Were you able to finish that part? How did you do it?
Saya

Re: Most Challenging Aspect?

Post by Saya »

For a moment I had this writing block, and couldn't actually write what I wanted, I had to re-write the content few times, and probably will re-write it again, because I'm not 100% satisfied with it.

Another thing that I had problems with was dividing the essays in various sections, I rearranged everything in the outline like 10 times, and also there were things that I think I should write about, but didn't know where to put them, if giving them their own essay or add it near another, because it was connected to it.

And for Bunny the worst part was that I wanted to write also stuff from books, and I didn't have them, so I actually ordered them.... and now I need to wait for them to arrive, so I can finish the last 5 essays.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

For the two shrines I've done so far I've found it to vary. For Greninja it was the origins page and for Flareon I'm finding it to be the thoughts page that explains why I like the Pokemon. Greninja I was able to finish after finding my motivation (origins tends to be a motivation killer), and for Flareon I'm slowly making my way through it, writing down ideas as I figure them out along the way. I should hopefully have it finished soon!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I treated Charizard like any other character, talked about his story and personality. I guess the fact that he has character development in the anime helps a lot. XD
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Well, I'm still working on Pitch but I'm having a difficult time. It's taking much longer to make this than I had wanted. I mean seriously it was supposed to be like a week or so but no! He has to be a total nightmare! I'm just having a rough time getting my thoughts to the paper. Reading some of the books helped with certain sections. But I think maybe if I can redo part of my outline that might make it easier but I don't know. I feel stuck and unmotivated. I know this topic is for "what's the worse part and how you got through it" but I'm still trying to get through it.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Maybe taking a little break to recharge might help *gives cookies*
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Cherri wrote:Well, I'm still working on Pitch but I'm having a difficult time. It's taking much longer to make this than I had wanted. I mean seriously it was supposed to be like a week or so but no! He has to be a total nightmare! I'm just having a rough time getting my thoughts to the paper. Reading some of the books helped with certain sections. But I think maybe if I can redo part of my outline that might make it easier but I don't know. I feel stuck and unmotivated. I know this topic is for "what's the worse part and how you got through it" but I'm still trying to get through it.
It's OK, you can talk about it while you're *in* it, too. Sometimes taking a break and then coming back to it will help you, like Mikari said. :) Maybe watch the movie again? Or read or look at pictures? Or maybe just don't think about having to do, think about having fun and do it because it's fun.

I feel the same way as you do, to be honest. I wrote out my entire outline and when I go to actually write the content I start drawing a blank and haven't been able to write anything at all. I'm waiting for that moment of inspiration.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

So far the most challenging part in making Castiel's shrine has been deciding how to arrange the content in the various subsections. I've so much to write that I don't know what to put where.
For instance, I debated for almost a day whether I should put "Personality" "Background" and "Character Development" all in one big section since they're all inter-related to one another or if I should instead dedicate one section to each of them.
Then I found by pure accident some other stuff regarding Castiel as an angel in the occult lore and had another whole issue of if I should make another section or mesh it up with the Angelology section I'd already planned.

._. this always happens to me, I end up having melt downs during the preliminary organization of my shrines rather than when I actually have to write the content.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@dragoneyes Why not write each essay individually and you can reference them in your other sections by providing links to those pages? Maybe that will help the flow.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

@Destinie
That's a very good idea actually. I did something similar before but never quite to this scale, it probably is the best idea since I'm already fearing the potential size of the whole shrine and it would make the navigation easier anyway...<_<
This dragon wishes you the best luck.