Get Your Inspiration On!

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Todd

Get Your Inspiration On!

Post by Todd »

Image Get Your Inspiration On!

In a new, interactive feature for Events, we'd like to shine light on existing shrines by Amassment members that could have been made for this challenge. Although they were made independently, they are no less awesome, and deserve recognition! We hope this growing list will provide inspiration and motivation for your new shrines in this challenge!

In replies to this post, post links and talk about shrines to non-human characters made by our members.
Mikari

Re: Get Your Inspiration On!

Post by Mikari »

I've made two shrines for non-humans so far: Way Cool for Boshi from Super Mario and iHime for Princess Vi from Samurai Pizza Cats.

Here are some of my fav non-human character shrines: Sisterhood by Snow, about vieras and Hot Fuzz by Cherri about a cute pup. There are more, though I'm too lazy to post the links right now. XD
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I have a couple more creature type shrines. Midnight to Midna and Her Majesty to Rutela both from Twilight Princess. The Twili are humansque but I don't consider them human, probably because they have a special name. Though I don't think I would consider the Hyrule citizens as human either.

Destinie has Rock Steady for an awesome rock guy and Asunderfor a super electric summon.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I thought I didn't have any, but then I looked at my collective and went "no wait yes I do" :heh:

Heaven's Requiem is a site for Lenneth of Valkyrie Profile - she's the Valkyrie, a goddess and definitely not human. She is reborn as a human between bouts of being the Valkyrie, but, y'know. Plot points.

Anamnesis is a site for Church of Red vs Blue, a ghost. ...Okay, he's not exactly a ghost, but that gets into spoiler territory, so just take my word for it ;)
tonight fate is the
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I have a few as well, even though they're mostly Pokemon. xD There is Sentience a shrine for Data frm Star Trek TNG, Seasons Change a shrine for Sawsbuck, Righteous Heart a shrine for Absol, and Future Sight a shrine for Gardevoir, all of which are from Pokemon. I have a shrine for Link from OOT too but I'm not sure if he counts so I won't link it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Aww thanks for the plug, Cherri ;o;

I have a bunch of non-human shrines, LOL!

Space Ace Fox McCloud (Starfox)
Soothsay Krystal (Starfox)
Penumbra Tenebrae (Tales)
and of course Meowth at Lucky Cat

I'm so excited about this event. Probably because I really love non-human characters HAHA
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Destinie: You're welcome. ^-^ Asunder really makes me want to play Avalon Code but I haven't been able to find it.

I want to make more non-human shrines. They don't seem to get as much attention as the hot guy in leather.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Avalon code is hard to find because it wasn't very popular. But it's a really fun game!

And I know what you mean. It's hard to ignore eye-candy. ;)
I think non-human characters are really cool. It seems that it allows for more creative character designs when you're not trying to make a unique-looking person. And then the personality and personification that goes along with that character that isn't human - somehow making them relateable.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I have Solitaire to Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic, Ripples to Reiko Tamura from Parasyte, and Silent Lucidity to the Eights from Battlestar Galactica.
Saya

Post by Saya »

I have Mugetsu from xxxholic, and then I also have Charizard and Zoroark from Pokemon XD, need to revise those two.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.