Marshmallow Cloud

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Mikari

Marshmallow Cloud

Post by Mikari »

I've had a relatively light week so I finally got the time to finish my second creature feature: Mallow, from Super Mario RPG.

I had fun with it, especially reading between the lines and piecing together Mallow's possible past, as some aspects of his story felt like they hinted at something more... I also had fun theorizing about his species. XD Anyway, let me know what you think of this, but be warned it is spoiler heavy.
Todd

Re: Marshmallow Cloud

Post by Todd »

I just read the whole thing, and this is everything I hoped it would be when you announced you were making a site to Mallow, and more. Your theories make a lot of sense, and I love that you took chances, drawing conclusions and backing them up with fact. This is my favorite shrine from you by far, and I didn't think anything would beat Golden Phoenix in my mind. I love this game and character, and your site makes me want to play the game again.

The layout looks awesome; I LOVE the cloud border for the images within the essays. It looks so natural and is very eye-appeasing.

Wonderful, wonderful job, Mikari! This is my next Shrine Spotlight nomination. :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Thank you! :D This game is really special to me, so I wanted to show how much I love it. I've played it many times, getting 100%, but I still enjoy replaying it. I had fun digging into Mallow's story, it just felt like there was so much going on that needed to be brought to light. I'm happy you appreciate the cloud shapes, it took a while to make all the images cloud-shaped. I would have opened the shrine a day earlier if not for that. Squares felt too "pointy" and not fitting to the soft cloud look. XD
Todd

Post by Todd »

Do you like the Mario & Luigi games? They are spiritual successors, but aren't quite as good, imo.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I tried to play the one with the Starbean cafe and was having fun until my emu froze and I got permanently stuck. I tried reloading a save but kept freezing in the same place. I might try some others later.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

It looks super cute! I'm always amazed at how much you have to say about a character. I read through it all and it's great.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Thank you! :D A lot of the things actually came to mind while I was making the site, especially the theories in the family page. Going through the details for the site I was like "wait a minute, something's going on here..."
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

Mikari, you make really beautiful websites, you give me something to strive for when I make shrines. (Is it as awesome and content full as Mikari's?) lol What a beautiful layout, so fluffy *o*
~ Lady DinoBug
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

:o Thank you! :D
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

It's SO FLUFFY. I love it. Love the colors and all the information presented. :D It makes me very happy, even though I'm totally not familiar with this character~
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.