Fury Cutter

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Fury Cutter

Post by Larissa »

I was kind of on a roll after Ninetales, so... bam, have a Scyther site! :content: I've run this fanlisting for eight :!: years, and always wanted to expand it, and I'm really thankful for this challenge for giving me the motivation to sit down and do it.

I've been meaning to learn how to code responsive designs, and used this site as a test drive. It should scale for tablets and phones, but if you run into any bugs (aside from Scyther) please let me know so I can fix them.

I think I'm done as far as the challenge goes, since I don't think I'll be anywhere near done with my Lightning site by the time it ends... but you never know, maybe I'll feel like making another Pokémon site between now and then. :heart: (Ninetales was the only site I really planned on making, how'd I end up with three?!)
tonight fate is the
Crystal

Re: Fury Cutter

Post by Crystal »

More Pokemon shinres! I love it Larissa! The only problem I really have is the link colors feel a little light and hard to read, but other than that everything is awesome. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Yeah, I kept going back and forth on that - I'll probably go back and darken them, sob. Thanks for the feedback! :heart:
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Wow you finished another one! *cheers* :D I like the visual effect the green dots create, very nice. ^^ Origins is my fav page. That's a nice gallery too.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Wow, this is great, Larissa! I just love the layout, everything from the setup to the colors. Despite being a bug Pokemon, I always thought Scyther was kind of cute. I've read through a little bit and will definitely read the rest later. It's wonderful so far! Congrats on #3, you and Crystal are truly amazing. :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Its's so cute! :D I'm a really big fan of all the green, though that's probably me being biased since it's my favourite colour. I really like the hover effect on the images.

Congrats on your third! :)
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Larissa wrote:Yeah, I kept going back and forth on that - I'll probably go back and darken them, sob. Thanks for the feedback! :heart:
No worries Larissa! I have the same problem too sometimes. It looks fine now. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Congrats on finishing your two shrines, Larissa! They both look great, and the articles are interesting. I feel like you've recently hit a stride with shrining. I remember back in the day when you would vent to me about how your Kefka shrine wasn't where you wanted it to be, and you wanted to improve so badly. I really think you have. Your sites, especially your more recent ones, stand strong with some of the best sites today. I've been super impressed, and I've been wanting to mention that for a while.

Anyway, regarding this particular site, I saw the site when you first plugged it and it had the lighter green links, and I agree with others; I think the links look better and are much more readable now. I like the green dot border under the image, and I like the Pokeballs off to the side. The layout has a lot of cool things going on. At first I thought the Pokeballs were navigation before I noticed the navigation, and it would have been cool if you did something like that with those, but the navigation works where it is too.

Good job. :)
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I love your shrine, Larissa! You did an amazing job. I love the layout, the colours, the way you edited the sprite and made it work for the layout and the information is of course very well-written! Great job! :star:
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

MAN, THIS SITE. THE MEMORIES.

Will go through it later but the new layout is GORGEOUS!