Firefox

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Chibi

Firefox

Post by Chibi »

I am very happy to announce that... I FINALLY FINISHED MY VULPIX SHRINE~! :D :heart:

This took way longer than I intended to (because of real life and procrastination), but it's finally online and finished! I still need to add some things (like more linking buttons, links to other pokemon websites, joining shrine directories etc.), but the content is done and I really wanted to post it here. So... here it is!

Firefox - Vulpix shrine

Comments, affiliates and anything else is much appreciated! :heart:
SnowRayjah

Re: Firefox

Post by SnowRayjah »

Chibi-dear, I love it! The information is fantastic and well written. The writing style is smooth and flows well. The only issue I have is that it's hard for me to see the text on the background. It strains my eyes to read it and I have to highlight the text.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I have been so excited for this! :D You did an awesome job, Chibi! Your love for Vulpix really shows, and that is a great thing. I loved reading through it all, especially the comparison to Fennekin. Congrats!!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Wow, it looks great, Chibi! I read the whole site. I only have a couple suggestions to make the site even better:

1) Images depicting some of the stuff you write about makes your content look more interesting, and gives a visual guide to some of your info. Having a picture of Fennekin on the comparison page would be nice, for example. It's not necessary, but I think it'd spruce it up a little.

2) I don't know what kitsune means! lol You're going to get visitors who play the games and aren't familiar with these terms. If the term is not basic, I would either define it myself on the page, or link to Wikipedia or somewhere that describes it.

Great, great work. I loved the Strategy page.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I love it Chibi! The only issue I have is the text color is kinda hard to read and it blends in a little with the background. I can mostly read it just fine, but making it a little darker might help. *blames my Dad*

While probably not necessary I think adding descriptions for each of the pages might fill up the page more. Right now it just kinda feels "empty" to me (I hope that makes sense). Sorry I'm just kinda picky about that. *cough* Feel free to ignore me!

Other than that though I really enjoyed reading though it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Ohoooo cool!!
I really like that you did a page with the Fennekin comparison. Maybe you could even add one with Zorua since both lines are heavily inspired by kitsune and share a lot of design resemblances...

But I really like this. Good good :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Super cute and well written :)
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Thank you so much for the feedback, guys!

@Snow: Thank you, dear! I will fix the colour of the text so it's easier to read!

@Todd: Thanks for the suggestion! I was just about to work on the images to add to the site, haha. I know it looks a bit bare, but I got carried away by the excitement of having the site done, so I decided to add the images later. XD But yes, I shall add those!

And ack, sorry for the kitsune thing! I was planning on adding a section later on the kitsune of Japanese mythology (then decided against it for now), that's why I didn't specify anything about it. But you're right, I shall add a link to wikipedia for the moment! Thanks for the suggestion!

@Crystal: Thank you! :D I wasn't sure if I should add descriptions to the pages because their names seemed already pretty straightforward to me, but you're right, it feels a bit "empty" to me too. I shall fix that!

@dubiousdisc: A page to Zorua is in the works! :D

Thanks again so much, everyone! I love all your comments and suggestions! :heart:
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

It's so cute, Chibi! Vulpix is my favourite Pokemon, so I really love all the information. :) (I'l have to join the fanlisting soon, too.)
a spoony bard
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Thank you, Emma! :D I'm so happy to see so many people love Vulpix! :heart: