September 2016

Quickly get caught up to what has been happening in the community!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

September 2016

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello to all! This is the Monthly Rewind for the month of September 2016!

Announcements
Shrine Spotlight Discussion - After rounding up some feedback, Shrine Spotlight changes its rules a little bit - now, each round, there is a soft cap of two shrines that can be nominated from each shrine maker. Additionally, if anyone feels uncomfortable about having two of their own shrines compete against each other, you can contact Camy during the nomination phase and have one of them be removed.

Also, as mentioned in the survey results earlier on this year, Shrine Spotlight votes are now hidden for all, revealed only once the poll closes. Hopefully, that makes for a better voting experience! Please avoid discussing with others what shrines you're voting for so as not to skew votes, as that'd defeat the purpose of this. Other changes in the Shrine Spotlight system have been discussed above under Announcements.

Shrine Spotlight
The winner of September 2016's Shrine Spotlight is Valkyrie, a shrine to Rose from The Legend of Dragoon! Congratulations, Lethe!

Events and Marathons
The Construction Zone Challenge is still ongoing and will continue until December!
The Shrine Revamp 2016 continues until the end of October.
Upcoming: Little Bits, a monthly activity program centered on minor fixes.
And a shoutout to Megan's Pokémon Gym Leader marathon, ongoing until December!

New/Revamped Shrines
Shrines revamped for the Shrine Revamp 2016 are marked with [SR].
Love You to the Moon - Bing Bong from Inside Out, by Robin [SR]
Joker's Wild - Liar Game, by Lethe [SR]
The Devil Inside - Valgarv from Slayers, by Laura [SR]
Precious Memories - Rune Factory 4, by Crystal [SR]
Flight - Cooro from +Anima, by Destinie [SR]
Rock Steady - Darunia from The Legend of Zelda, by Destinie [SR]
A Fading Dream - Tidus and Yuna from Final Fantasy X, by Medli [SR]

In-Progress Shrines
The following are shrines started for Construction Zone.
Pink Diamonds - Diancie from Pokémon, by Crystal
Frozen Glass - Sode no Shirayuki from Bleach, by Kate
Sway - Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere, by Lethe

Discussions
Inspiring Media Sections
Beta Checks
Shrine Names
Commenting on Shrine Plugs

Flash News
  • The "hide" BBCode has been added to the forums: You may have seen it on other message boards as the spoiler toggle. It hides the content behind a box that others can toggle (good for optional additional info and lenghty discussions of spoilers).
  • "center" has been around for a while, but has now been added to the editor too.
  • You can now quickly access your bookmarks by clicking on "View Bookmarks" at the top right of the forums. Use it to keep track of useful topics or topics you still want to reply to once you have time, rather than immediately after reading them.
  • Also, in case you had missed it when it first came out: did you know there is an Amassment chatroom? If you didn't, we hope you'll join us! See here for more information (you'll need to be logged in to view this topic).
That should be all! See you again next month.
Lethe

Re: September 2016

Post by Lethe »

Thank you for the Rewind! <3 <3 <3 <3 Hehe things continue being lively. \o/ (We're going to scare off any potential volunteers for this Rewind job.)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Can I just say that I love these Rewind posts? It never fails that I check it out and am sitting here like wHAT WHEN DID THAT GET A SITE?! And I always wind up missing things, haha. So I wanna say I appreciate these posts for sure.

Now excuse me while I go inspect all these sites *^*
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks for the rewind! I love seeing these every month, it's great to see what the progress has been for everyone's shrines and all the discussion! I can't wait for October's already!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Holy crap we've been productive so far this fall! :O Thanks to Dubs for gathering all this information :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org