Staircase Spirit

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Staircase Spirit

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Robin and @Camy WHY DON'T YOU BOTH MAKE A BLOG!! GO!

Anyway we just finished a new article!
It's about money in videogames and how games often start with everything being too expensive and end with too much money that you don't even know what to do with it anymore.

All this thinking about money in videogames is probably also leading us to write an article about fictional money in general... God, why are we like this...
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@dubiousdisc omg yes money in games is ridiculousssssss. Super Mario RPG almost has the opposite problem (having too much money early on)--if you do what is advisable and fight every enemy you come across, you'll soon be drowning in items and money and having to figure out what to hock so that you have room to get more advanced items later. (Or maybe that's just me knowing how to play the game better than I did when I was 11 xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Robin I have played Super Mario RPG but I remember very little about it, I remember liking it though, so maybe I should pick it up again and see what happens and maybe edit the article.

Relatedly, there's Riviera: The Promised Land which we didn't talk about in this page because it's not really about money, but it has a limited inventory of 16 items and using the items levels up the characters - so you're constantly going around with a full inventory, and every time you find an item that can be used to level up you're there deciding which one to throw away so that you can use the new one in a practice battle until everyone has leveled up with it... and then throw it away for the next thing that comes along. So you're just going around with a trail of perfectly good swords discarded behind you because a new sword came along, and you don't plan to use that, but the sooner you level it up, the sooner you can throw THAT away. And the better you play the game, the more things you get, but the inventory doesn't get any bigger @_@

Maybe this should go in a similar article about tiny inventory mayhem...
Janna

Post by Janna »

Just dropping by to tell you that I loved your latest article and see myself reading them regularly!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Thank you Janna :D

One new article - it's about Skies of Arcadia and things that we wish could have been better about it.

Now that we've posted a few things that are not Pokemon, we can see to coalesce our notes about the Pokemon movies into full articles...
Janna

Post by Janna »

dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:43 pm Thank you Janna :D

One new article - it's about Skies of Arcadia and things that we wish could have been better about it.

Now that we've posted a few things that are not Pokemon, we can see to coalesce our notes about the Pokemon movies into full articles...
SKIES OF ARCADIA!! That's one of my favourite videogames of all time! I'm reading it as soon as possible <3
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Janna Oh I didn't know you were into it! :D Great!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

New article - first in the series of the Pokemon movie reviews... no, not the Mewtwo movie for a series of reasons explained in the article...
but the Lugia movie.

A lengthy one.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

homggggggg i am laughing at "and on the third day, Arceus created lightning" asldkfjalkdjf

Also "suckers.jpg" lsldkfjaslkjdflskdj hahahaha

You really raise some great points here! I never even saw the 2000 Pokemon movie because I'd about gotten out of the fandom by that point, but I always wondered what I'd missed. Well, self, wonder no more! ROFL but seriously y'all have done awesomely summarizing AND analyzing!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

THERE YOU GO THEN

Seriously though, there's not much more to show than the screenshots we put in, so you can consider it watched, lol