The JRPG Generator

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: The JRPG Generator

Post by Robin »

Sophia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:11 pm Not sure if I responded to this previously, but I absolutely love it. :inlove:
Echo Fantasia
The Horrendous Pirate has kidnapped the necromancers and destroyed China! As young Doctor Steel, a professor, you must embark on an undertaking to find the three shards of The Demonic Arrow in order to restore the land and save all that you hold dear, in a heart-pounding journey with shocking characters and innovative writing.
And it's so awesome that @Robin wrote a story based on one generated game! I could easily see doing that.
Doctor Steel! What a great character name!! :light:

Also, thank you @Sophia! I need to get back to that story and beef it up even more :!:
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

PROFESSOR Doctor Steel, no less. Reminds me of DJ Professor K from Jet Set Radio XD

I love that it can randomly put together completely overpowered characters who are professor sorcerers the last of the elves raised by cows. It wasn't something I specifically set out to make it do but when it happened, what could I do but keep it?
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@dubiousdisc RAISED BY COWS sldkfjalskdjfjsadf hahahaha! Though I dunno, cow linguistics might be a good skill to have in high fantasy worlds xD ("Does anybody here speak cow?? Bessie is the only witness to the magical murder!")

(also obligatory weird cow music video here for random LOL)
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Robin I mean, it happens pretty often in JRPGs that a party member is conveniently well-versed in whatever is the ancient mysterious language of choice XD Why not cow?
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Speaking of speaking cow... Moo Moo Moo, superhero style. Because of course our favorite Marvel superheroes spend time taking down legions of superpowered cows. xD

*trying not to derail this topic even more but it's not working because too many funny memes about cows* ^_^;;;;
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

There's been lots of updates to the generator, but most importantly I wanted to leave this here: something Denise and I wrote about the process of building this generator. :D