The JRPG Generator

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
dubiousdisc
Administrator

The JRPG Generator

Post by dubiousdisc »

If you've clicked around rigelatin.net, then you already know that I like silly things. Especially silly things that generate more silly things. For example, I had a page that generated a stereotypical-sounding JRPG title, together with a little plot description.

Now I've revamped it completely!
Presenting the

This new version features an entire fake back of the box, available so far in six different combinations, and with thousands of terms! Play with it for a while and you'll see how it works.

I worked on this together with Denise - she's responsible for writing the awesome code that powers it. We wrote the word list together. I made the layout and painted the background pictures of clouds, because what's more stereotypically JRPG than a shot of the title in the sky?

Click the button! You might get very stereotypical-sounding plots, very silly ideas, and even exciting ideas. I've taken screenshots of a few that I'll later turn into illustrations!

Have fun!
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: The JRPG Generator

Post by Robin »

GLORIOUS

SPECTACULAR

HILARIOUS

GORGEOUS

SDLKFJSLKDJFLSKDJFLKAJSHDJKHGAFKDSJHF

...omg SPECIAL ELF XD XD XD XD XD

THAT TITLE FONT THO <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 *heart eyes* (yes I am fantasy trash why do you ask)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I absolutely love this! My favorite: Set out on a Rogue-like journey to save a stable girl from The Murderous Garden Gnome! As Roland, a young slime from Hell, fight apprentices with The Ivory Hourglass along with General Seth, a scorpion who is the true heir to the throne.

I also loooove all the different button quotes and the fonts and the clouds. What a cute little site!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hehehehehehe I'm too easily amused

Robin: I KNOW, THE FONT! Cinzel Decorative (900 weight in my case). The original purpose of the font WAS DEFINITELY NOT THIS but I can't believe how good of a fit it is - hell, I'd say the generated title looks better than some I've seen on real boxarts! I especially love the way it handles OO, so when the title has "moon" in it, it does some REALLY NEAT THINGS.

Just like that!
(Also I do not regret putting "death metal vocalist" in the list of terms. Also WITH THE GUITAR that's almost too great omg)

Megan: THE IVORY HOURGLASS! Beautiful!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol this is so fun!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

oooh you've finished, yay!! :D That's so sweet that Denise worked on this with you. <3 <3 I didn't even know that there were several pictures of clouds for this aaaah, so pretty.
Holy Princess
You are Wanda, a young god on a quest to save the moon from The Other Apocalypse. Explore blazing islands and beautiful cities, and unravel the secret of The Sacred Drum with the help of Just, a young bat who can speak the language of the bards, in a 60-hour journey with breathtaking weapons.
Everything about this sounds magical!!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

oh wow this looks great :yay: and the results are hilarious.
Skies Of Fortuna
Embark on a perilous quest to save a meanie from the rule of The Murderous Pig! As Judas, a young cowboy from the wilderness, fight summoners with your saltwater powers along with a band of friendly high elves who wield The Bread Revolver!
Honestly, I'd play it in an instant.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Aku

Post by Aku »

First of all, this is super gorgeous and the cloud illustrations are (insert ok hand emojis, 100% emojis, heart emojis, etc). So beautiful! I could look at this forever. T__T I love the design, you did an awesome job! (I just love that you put so much love into a funny generator... like, even the simplest, silliest stuff we make doesn't have to go without a good design!)
Boundless Heroes
Follow the story of Tiger, a young fish with a tear-filled destiny. Defeat the forces of The Evil War which threaten to destroy your world. Meet the energetic Captain Maria, a young bunny-girl who wields The Dark Emblem, in an action-packed adventure with unique FMVs.
Secondly, all these scenarios hilarious and amazing and some of these I totally want to play LOL. Like, I would totally play an RPG with a fish named Tiger and a bunny girl?!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

....I love this
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

This is such genius, I love how you have different designs randomized and all these prompts sound like so much fun haha! /refreshes some more