The JRPG Generator

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 pm

@dubs: Hmm, probably a link to the Google Doc would work well! ( probably need to format the file a little better too, LOL)

Also YES ALL THE GENERATOR THINGIES on one page <3<3<3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:46 am

Little update: We've added maaaaaany more words in all the lists and the function to generate a master sorcerer, a novice ninja, etc. etc. in some places, so if you felt like your life needed more randomly generated videogame blurbs, today is a good time to press that button.

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm

We've been working on this with smaller updates for a while now (if you care about the nitty gritty, here's the more detailed update log), but I think by now there's enough new things that you can give it a whirl again. The generator now has more words than ever, plus two new back of the box formats which can generate a prophecy like:
The Last Quest
Do not disturb the arcane imperial glass gem which lies in the wind cliff, lest the balance of steel, wax, and tooth be broken, and the mountains become styrofoam. Follow the tale of Angel, a young ghoul who broke the ancient taboo, and must now journey through fabled ponds and mysterious oceans in search of repentance. Together with the lovely Lucy, a fish, they must find the eight fungal nunchucks and restore harmony to the land.
Don't let the mountains become styrofoam, fight for what you believe in!

Robin
Events Staffer

Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Fungal nunchucks though! Sounds like this will involve a trip to the pharmacy lmao
withinmyworld.org

Sophia

Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Not sure if I responded to this previously, but I absolutely love it. :inlove:
Echo Fantasia
The Horrendous Pirate has kidnapped the necromancers and destroyed China! As young Doctor Steel, a professor, you must embark on an undertaking to find the three shards of The Demonic Arrow in order to restore the land and save all that you hold dear, in a heart-pounding journey with shocking characters and innovative writing.
And it's so awesome that @Robin wrote a story based on one generated game! I could easily see doing that.

RAY GUN SUE

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:34 am

Heee, thank you both!!

Robin
Events Staffer

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Sophia wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:11 pm
Not sure if I responded to this previously, but I absolutely love it. :inlove:
Echo Fantasia
The Horrendous Pirate has kidnapped the necromancers and destroyed China! As young Doctor Steel, a professor, you must embark on an undertaking to find the three shards of The Demonic Arrow in order to restore the land and save all that you hold dear, in a heart-pounding journey with shocking characters and innovative writing.
And it's so awesome that @Robin wrote a story based on one generated game! I could easily see doing that.
Doctor Steel! What a great character name!! :light:

Also, thank you @Sophia! I need to get back to that story and beef it up even more :!:
withinmyworld.org

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:21 pm

PROFESSOR Doctor Steel, no less. Reminds me of DJ Professor K from Jet Set Radio XD

I love that it can randomly put together completely overpowered characters who are professor sorcerers the last of the elves raised by cows. It wasn't something I specifically set out to make it do but when it happened, what could I do but keep it?

Robin
Events Staffer

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 pm

@dubiousdisc RAISED BY COWS sldkfjalskdjfjsadf hahahaha! Though I dunno, cow linguistics might be a good skill to have in high fantasy worlds xD ("Does anybody here speak cow?? Bessie is the only witness to the magical murder!")

(also obligatory weird cow music video here for random LOL)
withinmyworld.org

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 pm

@Robin I mean, it happens pretty often in JRPGs that a party member is conveniently well-versed in whatever is the ancient mysterious language of choice XD Why not cow?

• Information