College Knowledge

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: College Knowledge

Post by Robin »

They did!! I couldn't blame them though...the level of narcissistic cray in that apartment was reaching toxic levels, ROFL

(That's why I put the section in about "meet your potential roomies before accepting", XD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

This site is so cute and helpful!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Destinie: Thank you!! :D :D
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

College Knowledge
I have done a complete overhaul of this site, from its color scheme to its content and everything in between! There are two entirely new sections (Schoolwork and Work), new images for every post, and everything else has at least been revised to my current standards (i.e., lots of Google Fonts and better writing). The best part? It's even more mobile-friendly!

Let me know what you think (and if you find any bugs or strangeness on the site--well, any strangeness other than my perspective, haha)!
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I love what you've done with the place site! I especially like how every article is illustrated with a photo (or more)! Few things:

- Adblock Plus has been caught letting ads from certain advertisers through in exchange for money. For that reason, I recommend uBlock Origin (NOT UBLOCK!) instead.

- The Nope Llama is the best thing ever.

- Kudos for the advice on wiping doorknobs, light switches and electronics: these are the dirtiest surface in the living space! (I don't understand people who can work on a crusty phone/laptop; anything that interferes with my screen drives me up the walls)

- Stain Removal: I'd add a tip to never ever wash blood stains with anything but cold water!!! Any warm/hot water will bind the blood proteins to the fabric! ALWAYS rinse off any blood stain ASAP in the coldest water possible! If you have a solid laundry soap like Sunlight, scrub the stain with it and cold water. It's miraculous.

- Any wound inflicted by a wild animal or stray dog should be followed by an ER/doctor visit because there is always the possibility of rabies, which is 100% fatal if not treated soon enough. When the early symptoms of rabies show (fever + tingling at the injury site) it is already too late.

- Calamine lotion can be bought OTC and it great for itches, even if the pink looks silly.

- In Self-Treatment, maybe add a section for Pink Eye? It was a major problem on my first campus because it is so damn contagious and people didn't realize they had it before they had contaminated others.

- GOOD JOB ROBIN!!!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Nyx: Thank you for the extra tips! I've still got to add a few more articles I forgot about, such as job interview tips, and I'll add these in ASAP :D (I had no idea about AdBlockPlus, either! OMG)
withinmyworld.org