College Knowledge

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

College Knowledge

Post by Robin »

WOOT! Finally updated my College Knowledge website! Click to see:

- A fully mobile-friendly layout
- About 5000% more images instead of TEXT FOR DAYSSSSS
- Some of the images are funny memes about college
- Handy tidbits of advice instead of mini-novels about things
- Even more subject area covered, more succinctly!

Seriously, give it another look, even if you’ve visited it before--I guarantee it will be a much better experience now!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Re: College Knowledge

Post by Mikari »

Like I said in the other thread, the revamp turned out awesome. You did great adding all the new content and organizing the site :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you! I'm so glad to have this site mobile friendly, even if it did take a lot of learning and effort on my part. Plus the content revamp needed doing soooo bad, LOL
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

What a neat, helpful site! It looks good, too, very organized. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Sarah! Thank you! :D
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Big fan of your advice and self-help projects! I can't "relate" to all of it because it's a different environment from what we have where I live (especially the campus and dorm stuff that you wrote about), but I definitely see its helpfulness! :Db And you were very thorough with the topics covered.

(WHAT'S WRONG WITH LEGGINGS THOUGH ;________; /wears almost exclusively leggings)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Lethe: Glad you liked the site! What specifically is different about your environment? I am intrigued :)

Also, leggings are fine if worn with long shirts or dresses. It's just when they get substituted in for pants and they are kinda see through that I get a little weirded out. It's disturbing to stand behind someone in Walmart and have to wonder if they are actually naked from the waist down, or whether they are just wearing flesh colored leggings ^_^;
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

It's nothing drastically different, I think, just different characteristics in some aspects that'd affect what topics are addressed on a site like yours! (I mean, we don't have what you call colleges, and I think our universities might not be the same as colleges from what I've read.)

But for example, we don't have dorms that come with the institution you're attending (unless I've misunderstood), so topics covered on a help site would probably include information as to how to find affordable living space in the cities close to universities, what creative options there are to living together/sharing the cost, and what to look (out) for when choosing such a place, and what to be mindful of when living in an apartment-sharing community (I got this word from a dictionary if it looks weird to you <_< >_>).

Oh okay, got you LOL.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Oh ok! I'm using the word "college" as a catchall word for any post-high school four-year school--in the US, college pretty much = university most of the time, but this article has more info about how different the US perception of "college" and "university" is from other countries. I just couldn't resist the rhyming title of "College Knowledge" xD

Most universities in the US have dormitories on campus because some students travel from wayyyy out of state to go to a specific school, and a city trying to house all those folks in apartments/houses can be nigh on to impossible. (Case in point, my alma mater had over 20,000 students while I attended.) Apartment complexes usually spring up around US universities, too, though, so looking for apartments/roommates/etc., is something I should definitely cover. (I spent 4 years in various dorm rooms and ~1 1/2 years in an off-campus apartment, so my experience-based advice was admittedly biased in favor of dorms xD)
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

aaaah thanks for the link! :D <3 Yeah, with a lot of contacts on the internet, terminology can get very confusing. XD And thanks for the info on regional differences! If you end up writing about roommates, I'm definitely interested in reading - I hear so many horror stories about roommates and living together (not just during college) lol.