rydia.nu

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Re: rydia.nu

Post by Destinie »

Behind the times but I love the new layout a ton!!!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

RYDIA.NU FINALLY HAS A NEW LAYOUT. :eyes:

There's a few things I need to tweak - some of the site descriptions being the main thing, I think. But I really wanted to get this uploaded by the time my Christmas break was over and here I am at midnight the night before I'm back in work trying and failing to get FanUpdate working when I should be sleeping. Switching to a new script for my update blog is also on the list of things to do.

If anything is broken or looking off, please let me know!

ANYWAY, I now finally feel like I can focus on other things! :music: Here's to a productive 2017~
a spoony bard
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

First thing I noticed was, of course, Garnet. :D I thought the hover effect on the navigation up top was neat and I really like how you organized the network section. I like how you lay your projects out and I like how you organize things by game titles. Of course, I love the 100/100 nobles were impressed thing at the end as well! (Yay FFIX! Side Note: I think the highest I've ever gotten during that part was like 95-ish. LOL.)

Anyway, congrats on the new layout, Emma. Looking forward to your projects!
"Spread your wings in the stormy winds..."
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Oh, Emma, this is so lovely. I don't know a non-stupid way to praise this feature of your design, but I appreciate the image balance against the text - though there is that lovely consistent balcony-esque header and footer relationship between Garnet and Zidane, the chibi images are SO DAMN CHARMING. Really, that's what impresses me about this layout: everything is tidily organized, very clean and easy to find, yet everything feels interesting and visual and despite that organization, each part feels very individual, and I think a lot of that work is done by the images you select. (Girl, yr gonna get me to replay FFIX this year. Good thing I haven't committed to any other lengthy play throughs, huh?)

RAY GUN SUE
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

BEAUTIFUL <3 Lovely light colors and soft image work <3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Fiona - I only managed to get 100 literally the last time I replayed the game a few months ago. I've never been able to do it before. SO I SCREENSHOTTED IT AS PROOF.

Sophia - part of the reason it's taken me so long to get this layout up is because I was trying to have a clean but visually interesting layout and it took a lot of playing around. I'm glad to hear it paid off!

Robin - yes! I am loving light layouts at the moment!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. :heart:
a spoony bard
Saya

Post by Saya »

oooh it looked good on phone but on monitor looks evenbetter o/ awesome job
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Ohh, I'm glad to hear it looked okay on a phone because...I never check that. :eyes: Thank you, Saya!
a spoony bard
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

The new layout looks lovely! I really like the colors and especially how you did the navigation. All the pages flow really nicely. :heh:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Emma, you always have the most beautiful layouts. *__* I've always been a fan of your designs. I really love the effects on the menu and how you have your sites organized! I'm so glad you got it up :)