rydia.nu

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Mikari

Re: rydia.nu

Post by Mikari »

Beautiful new layout, very soft and elegant!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Thank you all! :heart: :heart: :heart: I really appreciate all the lovely comments.

In other updates: I managed to get some things done on Through the Ruin Grey today, including some minor text changes, adding the Those Who Fight link, and a new page in which I talk about Final Fantasy IV because I don't do that enough. I think this is the first site I've ever felt 100% happy with, that I feel like is complete. It helps that it's about a minor character in a self contained game, I suppose, but usually there's always something else I want to do, or something I'm dissatisfied with. So, this is a pretty nice feeling. Now to do it with another site. :music:
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

AWESOME <3 I love that feeling when a site finally feels all tightened up, polished, and pulled together (lol awesomely mixed metaphors xD). CONGRATS!! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

FIRST OF ALL, Garnet, Final Fantasy IX, and just everything :star: :star: :star: I love the subject matter (OF COURSE). I really love the light colors, the WATERCOLORS, and the way the extra images offset the text. I love the light textured background to offset the white in the different sections. Your tone in your writing is perfect (also love the memes???). Very cute and very personal, love your little comments throughout your text.

The projects page is so cute. So many shiny subjects.. :star: I LOVE THE LIL CHUBBY CHARACTER ART YOU'RE USING TO DISPLAY YOUR PROJECTS. :heart: :heart: SO CUTE. :sob: Really excited for your upcoming projects and revamps!

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE REVAMP:
Of 100 nobles watching, 100 were impressed - you're damn right they were

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Also the new Beatrix stuff looks great (I see now why you were casually posting the Cecil art on Twitter now :eyes: )~ I really love all the documented references to previous games and the Cecil comparison is really cool :O

OVERALL, I LOVE EVERYTHING. :sob: SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DOMAIN, BEAUTIFUL SHRINE, KEEP GOING! :star: :star: :star:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

AAAH I'VE FREAKED OUT ABOUT YOUR DOMAIN REVAMP ON TWITTER

But I'm here now because I just discovered the update on Through the Ruin Grey!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT PAGE SO MUCH, especially the entire "lead-up" that mentions so many neat little things about the FF series, with a focus on Celes.

I knew that Beatrix had things in common with Celes and Cecil due to the Paladin moveset, but since I'm not as familiar with IV, it was very enjoyable to read all of this about Cecil and their similarities. <3 <3 <3 A great page!! Gooooooosh Emma's FFIV love flowing into this shrine. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

(Also, that jab at Amarant. :eyes: )
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! You all say the nicest things. :sob:

LOL Lethe, I don't even dislike Amarant, he's just...there. Like you could take him out of the game and it wouldn't matter. I think the neglect of some of the characters is one of the few criticisms I'd have about FFIX, tbh.
a spoony bard
Aku

Post by Aku »

:eyes: HI EMMA I HAD TO DIG AROUND AMASSMENT AND FIND THIS POST CUZ I REMEMBERED I STILL HAD TO RANT TO YOU ABOUT YOUR GORGEOUS REVAMP HIIII :eyes:

FFIX is my fave so I got really excited when I saw the design, but everything is perfect!! The colors, the way everything fits together despite actually being quite different in style (illustration vs. cg model vs. lil chibi sprites) and even subject matter, the gorgeous typography choices!! You've made it all sing together really well.

I ADORE your network section: it's broken up in a way that only you could truly display it, because it celebrates the projects you own and the franchise you've dedicated yourself to over the years. Very non-conventional way to enter a network, and it makes me even more interested in visiting your shrines because I get at taste of what you bring to your topics before I even dive in. So beautiful! I love the focus on the characters in individual FF sections, and the way you've still elegantly managed to work in your projects not necessarily related to FF.

Also:
"Of 100 nobles watching, 100 were impressed."
Thank you for including this HAHAHA. :heart: Amazing and inspiring work Emma! This is one of my favorite network collective designs I've seen in a long time! NOT JUST BECAUSE FFIX, but because of this beautiful, dream-like aesthetic you've achieved and your amazing decisions in structuring the network. Sorry for gushing, I'm just so in love with this. _:(´ཀ`」 ∠):_
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

:sob: I am never going to get over all the amazing comments from everyone. They really mean so much to me.

AKU, THANK YOU!!!

I struggled SO MUCH for actual months with this layout and it's so so nice to see people comment about all the little things I thought about but thought no one would notice and akjhfjkasfh you are all the best. Amassment is the best. :heart:
a spoony bard
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I recently moved hosts, so a new layout for a new start. I still need to re-upload a lot of sites, but I'll get them back up soon. :swt:
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Already told ya, but this is soooo lovely it warrants repeating <3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org