Illuminate

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Illuminate

Post by Robin »

@Lethe: Thank you! :D I like to make my sites as complete as possible, and I like to learn about new things--and y'all have had some great suggestions for added content! :D (Must be my English major side coming out again, with the "research" XD)

I agree, PMS/PMDD is not well-studied or even treated seriously, so finding unbiased research may be difficult...but I shall sally forth! *dundunDUNNNN*
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I agree with Lethe! I think you really take such an open approach and are really flexible to new ideas and I think that's super cool! :D

If you have trouble finding stuff or want to know more you can let me know. I'd be more than happy to help out. :> I don't think there's any deep diving articles out there but you might be able to find some good pubmed articles: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=PMDD

They also have ALL SORTS of depression articles holy moly. I did a search for just "depression" and got 337089 results. (Hope I'm not being a broken record over here so I apologize if I'm just rambling on ahah)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Destinie: It's all good! No rambling detected ^o^

Oh, and thank you for the PubMed link, I forgot all about journal research...d'oh!! xD

Yeah, depression is getting covered a LOT now, which is awesome, but the sheer amount of research is staggering. Distilling that down for an informational website can be craaaaazy xD
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I can see that! Wow! It's also nice to know that it's more widely accepted and studied now, even if it's not understood by a vast proportion of society. But maybe we'll get there some day :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I hope so! That's one of my aims with the depression info site--to humanize it and make it less a meaningless buzzword. So many folks think depression is "just sadness" and it is sooooo much different. >_<
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Yes, definitely! Or so many people who think you can "just get over it". And people don't realize that depression can take many forms and not all depression is "sad". I think your site really does help humanize it in that way and I think it's really a great idea to make something like this. :3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

YAY I finally added the Depression and PMDD section!

(hooray I finally got off my butt and did something besides binge watch Pokemon on Netflix)
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I may have said it before, but I like that particular page a lot because it gives you a condensed overview of things related to depression, that add or enhance depression or that may lead to or be a result of depression. I like the nuanced arguments in the second paragraph of the newly added part! \o/
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Lethe: thank you!! I'm glad the page gives that overview--in my research, I kept finding that depression was related to or causing a ton of other ailments, so that's what inspired that section. (The PMDD section seems a little less unbiased than the others, but the research itself is a bit touchy, LOL)
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I know I keep saying it but I love it! xD