The Caged Songbird Network

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Lethe

Re: Caged Songbird Network

Post by Lethe »

A lot of minor and ongoing updates since the first post here, including several new shrines!

NEW SHRINES
MAJOR UPDATES

disconsolation.net has a reworked project page, which is long, but I've got ideas for all of them mapped out. <O><O> Now if only I didn't have so much fun joining community events...

fan.disconsolation.net has been remade and updated since I went on a fanlisting joining spree. \o/

Awakening now houses a screencap gallery add-on in the links section. It was uploaded for Tumblr fans and others to use, but I don't consider it the site's official gallery (the screencaps are a side product of my online TCG activity and only feature certain characters).

Valkyrie is, after two months, now considered complete, as I'll work on the fanfic recommendation page later. If you visited the shrine when it was released early October, you'll find a wealth of new content upon returning. \o/ All displayed screencaps have also been converted to thumbnails, and more links have been added on the links page.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

AWESOME! Looking forward to all those new projects, and look at all this spiffy work! :D :D Congrats on the Rose shrine especially--I know that's been a labor of love!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

So many great updates! Congratulations on finishing Valkyrie! :D
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I looooove your layouts, Lethe! <3 And congrats on finishing Valkyrie - the amount of love and work you put into that site really shows.

And I'm looking forward to your projects (...is that Reira I spy? *_*)
a spoony bard
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thank you, I'm really glad the shrine's finally finished, feels like I'd been sitting on it forever.

And thank you, Emma!! <3 ... Yes omg, that Reira shrine is really in demand. I'll see whether I'll make it next year since it's been planned forever (maybe I'll make a NANA introduction one pager before that? then I'll stop stressing out about not wanting to summarize things for new readers on the Reira shrine) - but not anytime soon since it's an enormous project, and after Rose, I need some small shrines. LOL
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Hey there, I was wondering if you'd want to affiliate your Petit Prince musical shrine with my Sound of Music shrine, Something Good? (Since they're both about musicals, sorta, lol)
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

omg, totally, thanks for asking! :D I'll try to have the link to your shrine up over the weekend, sine I'm going to bed soon. :>
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

OK! I put up your link (so I wouldn't forget tomorrow, LOLOL)! :D
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol yes, very high demand! I want to see the Reira site too! and the one pager intro ^_^

Lethe wrote:Yes omg, that Reira shrine is really in demand. I'll see whether I'll make it next year since it's been planned forever (maybe I'll make a NANA introduction one pager before that?
Lethe

Re: The Caged Songbird Network

Post by Lethe »

Time to dust off this topic. :eyes:

I've been doing some maintenance on pretty much all my shrines earlier this week to add or edit minor things, mostly to bring things up to my current standard and to make some elements consistent across my shrines. (ugh I shouldn't be spending so much time on that because it's barely noticeable, but knowing that they're inconsistent just bothers me. :sob:) Yay for coloured scrollbars (at least in Chrome) and highlight text!! :yay: :yay: :swt: I'll use this opportunity to list some other additions that happened since I last posted in here and that I haven't plugged at the forums.

Additions
  • Baton Pass (Kyoko Honda from Fruits Basket)
    I plugged this shrine after the Furuba marathon ended last year, but with about three pages missing, it wasn't complete. Those pages were added about a month later last April: Resonance > "Encore", Finish Line > "Symbolism" and "Comparative Romance". I also added navigation between the pages of a section this week, something I have applied/will be applying to various shrines with a similar set-up.
  • In Control (Yuyuka Nekota from Daytime Shooting Star)
    I've expanded/rewritten the "Site" page, as I have always felt that my own appreciation for Yuyuka didn't come across as strongly in the content that I had up, and do have strong feelings on that subject in a context that goes beyond what's already been covered on the shrine. :|a Turned out to be a rant about the portrayal of female pride in fiction, and female friendships specifically in shoujo manga - and how those differ from their male counterparts. Last April, I also added Trivia > "Fashion". :yay:
  • Jamais Plus (Le Petit Prince: The Musical)
    Ugh I hadn't realized how dark the text on this shrine was, so I've made it brighter and hope it's better now. I've added fancybox utility to make all music videos open in lightbox with autoplay (and runtime clearly marked), since I assume it was a hassle to check out these things if you needed to switch to another tab or were constantly taken off-site.
  • Some other minor quality of life updates.
    As of now, it's mostly my Cephiro and Rose shrines that are terribly outdated in terms of maintenance, mostly because they're so big. (I skipped them last April when I was doing maintenance across the network too. :|) It's intimidating to think about going in and making all the edits that I've been applying to the other shrines. I hope I'll get around to them this year, or maybe even do a bigger revamp, depending on how it goes.