ohmydarling.org

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: ohmydarling.org

Post by Sarah »

Some updates at the OMD org! A couple are older but I wanted to wait till I had more to post here.

July
Warmth in Winter: Added a new section on Frozen Fever and two new icons. Elsa's birth date was also added to her profile.

September
Ardor: New site opened for 2015's 1P1M, dedicated to Lumiere of Beauty and the Beast.

October
Intensity: Brand-spanking new layout! This is the first layout change since I opened the site five years ago, so I'm quite happy to finally have this done. There is no new content, but that is next on the list for this site. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

WOOT! Congrats on the additions! The Lumiere site is <3! (Makes me want to make a Belle/Beast site for realz now :D)

Also, the new layout for Intensity is beautiful--how did you do the "Intensity" text where the picture shows through the text? (not even sure if I'm asking the right question LOLOL #noob)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I haven't had the chance to tell you before, but your Warmth in Winter layout is one of my favourite layouts all around - all of its elements go so well together. ;_;

Yay for layout change too! <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Well done with all these updates :D Everything looks wonderful ^_^
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

@Robin: Thanks so much for all the kind words! (You totally should make something for them!! I would love to see that, and I think there is a lot that one could discuss when it comes to their relationship.)

lol It's cool, I get your question. :D I actually did it a different way. I made the text for the title a solid color. Then I copied & pasted an image over it, and set that image layer's property to "lighten" and just moved it around till I got the look I wanted for the title text.

Hope I explained it okay! I use Paint Shop Pro, as a note. :)

@Lethe: Oh wow, thank you, Lethe! That is so kind, and it means a lot. ;3;

@Mikari: Thank you!! So glad you think so. :heh:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

COOL! Must try that technique--I use Photoshop Elements 8, but there's gotta be a way to do it :D
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Hi there! I have a couple updates to report. :ok:

First, ohmydarling.org turned ten years old this past Wednesday! :heart: So to celebrate, I gave it a new look. Or I should say, new looks. Each major section has a new layout featuring Tangled concept art. I've never done the multiple-layout thing before, but since this was such a big milestone for my domain, I was inspired to do something special. Hope you all enjoy it!

Second, I gave Going Bananas, my pixel Minions site, a new layout a few weeks ago.

Thanks for looking! And thank you to all who have ever commented on one of my sites or given me words of encouragement/motivation. You and this community are a big reason why I continue to work on them. (As rarely as that happens nowadays. Thanks, work. :cry:) I hope to have OMD for ten more years and I hope Amassment is around as long!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Congrats on hitting the decade mark!! <3<3 (high five)

And the new layout is gorgeous :D
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Ten years are a long time! Congratulations!
The layout is ADORABLE with all the different pages that work together! I'm stunned!
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Yayyy, congratulations, @Sarah ! 10 years is a long time, and I"m glad you're still making sites!

Your collective layout is absolutely stunning and Going Bananas is hella cute<3