FTP Extension/App for Chrome?!

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Destinie

FTP Extension/App for Chrome?!

Post by Destinie »

Does anyone here predominately use Chrome? I've used it almost entirely except I can't get a good FTP Plugin like Firefox (namely the only reason I use FF these days). Does anyone have a rec for a FTP for Chrome? I can't find a good one and I want one!! D:
Camy
Administrator

Re: FTP Extension/App for Chrome?!

Post by Camy »

I want to know too since most I find aren't really known/don't have reviews and want to make sure it, you know, works xD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Eden

Post by Eden »

You don't really need any extensions. Use FileZilla, it doesn't need a browser and it's free and available on all operating systems, even Linux (which is what I use). :) I find it cumbersome to have the FTP in the browser. FileZilla is perfect for FTP and other file transfer needs.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'll give FileZilla a try but I really like fireFTP. In all the years of using different FTP programs, it was the one that was most reliable and easy. I also really like the fact that while I'm browsing I can use the FTP in another tab in my browser. I'm picky like that. But having the FTP working in the background and if I am working in my browser I tend to get distracted and completely forget about it. So having it in the browser is nice.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I have used Firezilla, but it has given me problems before by not uploading the correct files (mostly when I update them) to the server :/ It's really good though and while I am using Dreamweaver's FTP, I still like to have something like FireFTP for Chrome in a tab.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I use Chrome on my iPod and Firefox on the PC. I don't mind having my FTP separate, so I just keep using Filezilla.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Most of the time I'm in Linux I really just use the command and shell to upload things, but I've never had a problem with FileZilla never uploading things. You have to say yes to overwrite/update a new file because if you don't, then it won't upload. I use to use FireFTP but I felt it was minimalistic and I needed some extra features so I migrated to FileZilla.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!