I need help with my guestbook D:

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Janna

I need help with my guestbook D:

Post by Janna »

Hi everyone! I used to have a guestbook with Bellabook I think it was called. I had to turn it down because 1) I couldn't reply to entries and 2) There was lots of spam.

So I wanted to create a nice guestbook with the PHP Guestbook script everyone seems to use but I'm HOPELESS with it. I can't even start customizing it. Anyone knows of a good step by step tutorial or something more helpful than the oficial document it comes with? I can't be the only one who's having problems with this :cry:

Any help will be nice really. Thanks in advance!
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: I need help with my guestbook D:

Post by Robin »

I hear ya on the guestbook troubles. I tried learning the gbook script and oh GOD what a headache. Struggled for 2 months to find a tutorial I could actually understand before I finally just said "eff it all, eff it all, don't give a crap anymorrrrre" (hat tip to Elsa). Nowadays I just use a static page on my WordPress-powered update log to act as a sorta guestbook, but I would love to learn how to customize my own, thus I'll be watching this thread :P

If all else fails, you can get a free guestbook through bravenet.com (that's what I did for one of my sites)?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Janna I don't know of any tutorial, but, depending on your problem, I might be able to help... What is it that is giving you trouble?
Janna

Post by Janna »

Thanks guys for your interest. I'll be trying to beat this php guestbook monster thing and if I can't I'll be back and ask for help about the direct issues I have with it D: