Favorite Button

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Todd

Favorite Button

Post by Todd »

Here's a fun little activity I came up with while talking to Stefi. It's all her fault. :P

Post your favorite button that you've made yourself for any of your sites! Feel free to post a top 3 or top 5 if you're proud of a few.

Here are some of my favorites:

Image Image Image Image

I'm not the best banner maker, so when I make one that I feel looks good, it's a huge deal. I think I'm especially proud of these because my sites have long titles which makes button-making difficult, and I feel I pulled these off. As for the banner for Drift Away, I just think it's cute, and I like the overall feel of it, with my font choice and the grunginess. I feel like it really suits Drifloon. :)
Stefi
Administrator

Re: Favorite Button

Post by Stefi »

I AM SO READY FOR THIS POST. I'm also posting buttons I've made for others (because let's be real, they're better than the ones I made for myself anyway HAHA)

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I actually have like 4 other buttons that I also really love, but I'm already out of control. I do like making buttons, but they take 30 mins+ for me to make each one of them sometimes.

@Todd: That font on your Wolverine button looks amazing! Never gotten grunge fonts to work on buttons myself, so kudos!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I don't consider myself a good button-maker either, so when I end up with something that looks decent, it always surprises me! Here are my 5 favs:

Image Image Image Image Image

I love all of these because they capture my particular aesthetic: blended colors, beautiful fonts, barely-there borders, and on occasion, simple yet elegant images. (What can I say, I like working with text and fonts more than teeny tiny images xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

I don't think a lot of my buttons turn out very well, but these are some that I think did! (for once)

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Buttons and I usually don't get along... but here are some buttons that I've made for myself and a couple for others, that I really do like!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

And some for others that I can think of at the top of my head:

http://pkmn.zeruda.org/282/images/282_l ... gank02.png (can't direct link this so link instead)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I like making buttons for other people, but I don't usually like making them for myself. Usually I just use the layout image & title font for my own buttons; I have to be more creative with buttons for other people.

I also very rarely save PSDs for buttons, which comes back to bite me when I want to remember how I did something neat on one... (or heaven forbid what font I used)

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Some really old ones for other people that I like:
Image Image Image
tonight fate is the
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

So many pretty buttons in this topic. :inlove: :inlove: Always amazed when people manage to fit long shrine names into a 88x31 canvas without resorting to pixel fonts haha.

When I make buttons, I feel like it all comes down to whether or not I have an image I can work with... If there are only few options and nothing is ideal, I often don't have the skills to make up for it (using textures in small space, for example), so I end up with mediocre buttons (or ragequit).

Image Image ImageImage
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.