Toggle Content

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Lethe

Toggle Content

Post by Lethe »

I've been using animated collapsible divs up until now, but it's not quite what I have in mind for the current project, I think.

I'm trying to make something like this, where clicking on the black squares toggles different images or text content in the box above. You may have seen the thing all around the internet, like on news outlets, and usually, content automatically flashes by in a set interval. I'm not looking for that, I just want visitors to be able to click and browse the different content.

Does anyone know how to do that, or do you have a tutorial you could link me to ?_? I don't know what I'm supposed to google.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Toggle Content

Post by dubiousdisc »

What you're looking for is some instance or another of a carousel:

Looking for jquery carousel, the first thing I found had an example in the page that was exactly what you described. There's dozens of others though, and I know that in most cases where they can do the timed moving to the next element, that option can usually be toggled off to work in the way you'd want.

Hope this helps!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

o-omg what a beautiful mock-up page. O_O I remember seeing carousel mentioned when Robin once asked, but I didn't know this here was carousel too!! Thank you so much, dubiousdisc!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING??? I CAN THINK OF SO MANY USES FOR THIS CODING. I will absolutely have to give it a try at some point!! *^* Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this!! /excited/
Anise

Post by Anise »

I second JQuery Carousel but if you're looking for some alternatives, here are a few tutorials I like. They're a bit different than what you can describe but can be modified.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Those are really cute and neat, Anise! Thank you for sharing. :D