Enthusiast script issues/fixes

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Masao
Host

Enthusiast script issues/fixes

Post by Masao »

Many of us use Enth3 to manage our fanlistings, but it's pretty out of date. I've been working on an update for it (mostly fixing old syntax), but in the meantime, here are some "critical" fixes for it.
  • dashboard inactivity date check fix - pastebin / github gist
    - for some reason it's not notifying on inactive fanlistings, so I rewrote the check method
  • country field disable/enable fix - pastebin / github gist
    - fixed premature database disconnect and added conditional reference when disabling/enabling country field
I'll update this as needed. Feel free to ask questions in this thread too.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Enthusiast script issues/fixes

Post by Larissa »

This is great, Masao! Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your updates, too.

This is somewhat related, so I'll bring it up here -- I ran into a bug with Enthusiast that you may be able to help with. Since there's been little work on Enth in some time, I haven't had anyone to ask, haha. I use Enth to run a clique (here), and I disabled the country field in the options for the listing since I don't need it. However, the update form calls the country field even when you disable it, so I haven't been able to use the update form. If you get a chance, would you mind taking a look at it? No worries if you can't -- I know it's a fringe case.
tonight fate is the
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Larissa wrote:This is great, Masao! Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your updates, too.

This is somewhat related, so I'll bring it up here -- I ran into a bug with Enthusiast that you may be able to help with. Since there's been little work on Enth in some time, I haven't had anyone to ask, haha. I use Enth to run a clique (here), and I disabled the country field in the options for the listing since I don't need it. However, the update form calls the country field even when you disable it, so I haven't been able to use the update form. If you get a chance, would you mind taking a look at it? No worries if you can't -- I know it's a fringe case.
Sure, I'll take a look at it.

Edit: added the fix above
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Does this only work with the latest version of Enthusist or does it work for older versions too?

I should be using a newer version anyway but I'm procrastinating. *cough*
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Crystal wrote:Does this only work with the latest version of Enthusist or does it work for older versions too?

pretty sure it should work, if you can't find the code in my instructions to replace/edit in your older version, let me know.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Masao wrote:
Crystal wrote:Does this only work with the latest version of Enthusist or does it work for older versions too?

pretty sure it should work, if you can't find the code in my instructions to replace/edit in your older version, let me know.
Will do!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Info for anyone trying to install Enth.

I'm trying to do a clean install of Enthusiast 3.1.5 and after running the install script, I get this:
Error executing query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1' at line 1; CREATE TABLE `affiliates` (`affiliateid` int(5) NOT NULL auto_increment,`url` varchar(254) NOT NULL default '',`title` varchar(254) NOT NULL default '',`imagefile` varchar(254) default NULL,`email` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',`added` date default NULL,PRIMARY KEY (`affiliateid`)) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1
I'm using mysql version 5.5.52-cll
Enth was written with 5.3 in mind, I believe.

So if you get this problem:

Code: Select all

Find: TYPE=MyISAM
Replace with: ENGINE=MyISAM
And that should fix the problem! :D