How can I....?

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Masao
Host

Re: How can I....?

Post by Masao »

Kate wrote:I have a question about some coding/scrips and what not. ;w; I hope I can explain this alright to make sense... So I'm wondering if it's possible to make a layout that has sliding content? The background and the layout image would remain stationary, but the content would slide without disrupting the imagery.. I have this idea of a visitor viewing navigation links on the front page, and when they click on one of the links the content would slide to the left; to the section the visitor had chosen.
I am not good with these kinds of things at all. ;;;; ahhh
Hmm I'm not 100% sure what you want, especially the part about scrolling to the left? I need to poke you next time we're both on haha.

But do you mean something like a scroll-to or an accordion? And for the main layout image and navigation, you can set their position to fixed.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Masao wrote: Hmm I'm not 100% sure what you want, especially the part about scrolling to the left? I need to poke you next time we're both on haha.

But do you mean something like a scroll-to or an accordion? And for the main layout image and navigation, you can set their position to fixed.
Ohh!! YES! I'm looking for something similar to the scroll-to effect! Except instead of vertical, it's horizontal! I just want the content to scroll though; So the images would be "fixed" into position? AGH, I'm so sorry I'm having a hard time explaining this! ;;___;;
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Kate wrote:Ohh!! YES! I'm looking for something similar to the scroll-to effect! Except instead of vertical, it's horizontal! I just want the content to scroll though; So the images would be "fixed" into position? AGH, I'm so sorry I'm having a hard time explaining this! ;;___;;
oooh I see! Something like this plugin? (also check the local and serial demos linked on the right)
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.