What are you working on right now?

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Mikari

Re: What are you working on right now?

Post by Mikari »

Emotion is such an awesome directory! :D Good luck with the revamp!

I just started working on a major revamp for my collective. Other than that I'm keeping up with writing fanfics as usual. Goodness, I have a lot of old codes to revise. :o
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Mikari wrote:Emotion is such an awesome directory! :D Good luck with the revamp!
Thank you Mikari! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Joe wrote:Sounds pretty cool. I've heard lots of people trying to make their own dating sims and it seems to be a growing market for women especially.
Dating sims are pretty popular. Our VNs aren't dating sims, though. We're going a different route!

Since starting on working on my one page thing, it ended up spiraling into a subdivision of an even bigger project I just realized I can make. I really want to get this online, so I'm working on all of this. :D Super sekrit. But most of these things will be one page analysises ^^ I'm really excited and I'm doing a lot of research about how to write good essays and what kinds of things to do in character analysis, etc. Such interesting reads! I've been doing lots of note taking and I ended up creating a Google Document and it's already spanning 30+ pages. XD Thank goodness for it's table of contents thingymabob!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Here's a preview of what I've been working on for the last couple of days. I'm pretty happy with the image and textures. I need to figure out where to put the title. I've tried adding one a couple of times, and it just looks weird. I'll experiment with different fonts, too.
Image Lilian Voss (NPC) from World of Warcraft!
Vii

Post by Vii »

Todd, I really like it so far! I think when you add the title, it will look complete. I would do either a handwritten script or blocky and bold font for the title (or a combination of both, if the title is more than one word), but have fun experimenting with all different kinds of ways to put the title in :)

This is what I'm working on right now. But I need to go to bed, so I'll finish it up in the morning x.x
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Todd and Vii your layouts are so pretty! love the texture effects on both!

I just recently finished revamping Fantasy Bit but I haven't put up the new layout yet (or finished making it) and some sections still need to be completed. At least the new structure is up. I'll be working on finishing up what I have planned for the site next. Then, after I'm done with a fanfic I'm working on, I should finally be able to get into that new shrine... the subject is still top secret, I haven't even posted any real hints anywhere.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thanks, guys! Hopefully I'll get it together soon.

And Vii, your layout looks awesome. I love the colors.

Good luck with your layout, Mikari!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I finally put up the new layout at Fantasy Bit and got things organized. Now I need to make layouts for Epic and Starlight and finally get those sites up... But I'll take a break to write for a while since I ran out of Slayers: Chaos chapters to post.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Eden wrote:
Varen wrote:
Eden wrote:
Varen wrote:*raises hand* Does working on a Visual Novel count? Though it's... not the artistic variety....
I think so! I'm working on two visual novels with my dev team right now but progress is slow since we can't find artists that'll work for free. xD
What kind? *curious* I'm using the Ren'Py engine, so you can imagine that it's not really the best kind, haha. Making a Princess Maker kind of game, but with an actual story with event choices like most other Visual Novels, rather than a schedule-based simulation game.

Also, is it for free, or do I need to buy it when you finish?
Ren'Py is actually a really great engine to create visual novels with, unless you want to be a masochist and program an entire engine on your own. XD Katawa Shoujo was made using Ren'Py (and had the help of other programmers of course, but it's the meat of the game's engine) and it was incredibly well made. We are using Ren'Py as well, and we are programming a lot of extras to work alongside it in Python as well.

All of our games are made for profit (we have to fund our team) so you will have to buy them when they are released. We are planning to release a free trial with the first act of the game so people can get a feel of the story. All of our games (visual novels, rpgs, platformers) are going to be $6.66. We may create free games on the side, but our main goal is to become a successful indie game company. :D We have 3 games in development, but we just lack artists. Once we get more going, we'll start something to raise money to pay artists and animators to come on board our team.
Oh, I didn't know that! I thought since it was free, it was probably a poor-man's version of an engine. Speaking of which, I'm playing Katawa Shoujo right now to get an idea of what the engine could do. XD Thanks for the rec! It's really making me pumped to improve my own. Right now, I'm playing with imagemaps and screen language. (lol, it's like learning HTML all over again)

If it's that cheap, and for a fellow member, I'm willing to pay if I have the chance! I need some good visual novels, haha.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So this is what I am working on currently:
Image I have a bunch of other things to do, but I wanted to get some of it down before I forgot what I wanted. :P I don't think I have done an actual layout for this site in....years? Maybe since I first put it up? =_='' I used to be better with my sites...