Shrine Spotlight Winner! - August 2013

Help the community give recognition to exceptional shrines on a monthly basis
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Shrine Spotlight Winner! - August 2013

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello! Here presenting the winner for this round of Shrine Spotlight.
This time, we are featuring:
CONUNDRUM
Shinju's shrine to Alfredo Véa's book, Gods Go Begging
Conundrum is a one-page wonder dedicated to one of Shinju's favorite books. In its essence, it's an exquisite book review wrapped in a beautiful layout. Many shrines are meant to be visited by people who already know and love the source material; Conundrum, on the other hand, targets new readers in the hope to give more exposure to this piece of literature. Shinju's beautiful, yet concise writing guides the reader through everything that needs to be known about the author, the book and its themes, while still providing her own opinions and commentary about the aspects of the novel that affected her the most.

Thanks to Ava and Saya for nominating this beautiful shrine! Here's what they had to say about it:
Ava wrote:Shinju's shrine to a contemporary novel is creatively beautiful and artfully written. The story about the site's origin is cute (an expansion upon a school assignment) and it explains a lot about the site. Her analysis of the book has all the substantive qualities of an academic review, while retaining the visitor-friendly aspects of a good shrine. I also enjoyed her commentary on warfare and gender as represented in the book. Good job, Shinju!
Saya wrote:This shrine is really well made, one paged, but full of interesting information about the books, and showing Shinju's appreciation of them. After reading the content, I definitely put this stuff on my to-read-list. I think Shinju did an awesome job with it =)
Thanks to Saya, Ava, Todd, Destinie, Vii, Jo, Yuzuki, Masao, Mayumi and Megan for taking the time to nominate!
Shrine Spotlight is undergoing a revamp, so next time some things will be different and some things will be the same. We'll keep you posted.

Goodbye for now!
Destinie

Re: Shrine Spotlight Winner! - August 2013

Post by Destinie »

Congrats, Shinju! :D

You will have an award coming your way soon!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Congrats, Shinju! So happy to see a One Pager win. They're a fairly new form of site-making that has really taken off, and there are some great ones (like this one!) out there.

Excited about the changes with Shrine Spotlight!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Good job, Shinju!
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Congrats Shinju! :D I've always enjoyed this site.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.