[2012 October Winner!] Just following Aku's style~

Help the community give recognition to exceptional shrines on a monthly basis
Vii

[2012 October Winner!] Just following Aku's style~

Post by Vii »

Hello my lovely nuggets!! :D I'm being a follower and copying Aku's format~ It's been a while since I've talked to you guys, college has been kicking my butt! But anyway, I'm here to announce the SotM (are we still calling it that or no? :x) for the month of October! :) If you remember, the theme for this month was "literature."

And the winner is...

Drumroll please...
BRIGHT EYES
Daphne's shrine to Peeta Mellark of The Hunger Games
Bright Eyes is a one-pager that is exquisitely designed and written. It is highly informative but also very personal and has nice humor throughout. It is definitely an amazing read that can be completed in one sitting, but it is very thorough and detailed. Not even once did I lose my interest in both the subject matter and in the writing featured on this site. This gorgeous website got me interested in the Hunger Games and I went to read it myself because of this. If that isn't proof that this website deserves to be SotM, then what is? Congratulations Daphne, your work is more than deserving of this win :)

This shrine was nominated by the lovely Ava:
Daphne was all about The Hunger Games before the movie, and all its fabulous promotion came out. She gets brownie points for her vision alone. Her tribute to Peeta was created while the trilogy was being published. Through her writing, visitors can see Peeta through her eyes. The writing is factual, descriptive, but also filled with endearment. I particularly love the quotes she chose to emphasize. I walked away feeling like I really understood what Peeta was all about, without having to strip away any unreasonable bias. Nice work, Daph!

A big thank you to those who nominated! That would be Destinie, Yuzuki, Ava, Saya, and Jo! Keep those nominations coming in! :)

Vii out~!
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: [2012 October Winner!] Just following Aku's style~

Post by Sarah »

Aww, I've always loved this shrine! Congrats Daph!! :heart:

Also it's so neat to see a one-pager win SOTM. This is the first time, right?
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Aww Vii, I like how you did it AKU GANGNAM STYL-- yeahhh, sorry guys.

Congratulations Daphne! :) So awesome to see SOTM awards going to Amassment-event birthed shrines lately! Makes me feel like what we are all doing around here is working.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

awesome :D Congratulations! This is a very well written shrine ^^
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aaah I want to reread it but it's apparently down right now aah

But, congratulations! :D
Sarah wrote:Also it's so neat to see a one-pager win SOTM. This is the first time, right?
I think so! It's good to see one-pagers being recognized, it's another virginity that goes :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I agree, it's really nice to see a one-page shrine get some recognition! :D ♥ What a lovely shrine! Congrats, Daphne. :)
Todd

Post by Todd »

Congratulations, Daphne! I remember her working on this. <3
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Wow Daphne! This is beautiful, I have only seen the movie and have been struggling with the idea of whether or not I really wanted to read The Hunger Games. Consider me going to track down the books! :heart: Congratulations on winning, your site is very well written and very easy on the eyes.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Good job, Daphne. I remember reading through previously and it made me not hate Peeta as I've only seen the movie. It's a great read. I'll have to help Snow track down the books.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Congrats Daphne~ :blush:
aminuet .。. king