Shrine Spotlight Winner: March 2016

Help the community give recognition to exceptional shrines on a monthly basis
Camy
Administrator

Shrine Spotlight Winner: March 2016

Post by Camy »

The winner for March Shrine Spotlight of 2016 is Sky Coloured Oceans by Laura, aka wolfrun!

Congratulations Laura! Here is your badge to show off on your shrine!

Thanks again to everyone who nominated and voted! :D

Blurbs
  • Everyone, no matter if they nominated or voted for the site, will have 3-5 days to submit a blurb on this thread or PM (and may ask to remain anonymous). They will appear below this quote for the winners to read~.
  • For writing a blurb, members will be rewarded 100 coins!
  • Blurbs must be at least three sentences to count.
Tip: Unsure of what to write about in a blurb? Just congratulate the winner, and write about what you like about the site. Feel free to call out and recommend sections you enjoy.

Remember, it's completely optional!
Robin wrote:Sky Coloured Oceans is a beautiful, insightful website about two of the Outer Senshi who may not get a lot of press otherwise. At first glance, it seems Laura has prepared well-organized informative articles to stand alongside her more thoughtful, opinion-based articles, but in fact each article is part information, part well-supported opinions (the latter of which are often proven by cited interviews with the creator of Sailor Moon herself). This makes even the later pages of the site approachable and understandable for anyone, whether new to the SM series or not. And the gorgeous graphic design, featuring a full-page grayscale image on the home page which changes to more colorful side-by-side image and content layouts, sets off the content perfectly. Even the color scheme, featuring soft gray-blue, deep blue, sea-green, and black, accurately reflect Sailors Uranus and Neptune.
Larissa wrote:Sky Coloured Oceans is a great example of how to approach a relationship site while also giving ample attention to both halves of the pair. From the outsider-friendly introduction to the deep-dive pages on every aspect of the characters and their relationship, there's simply a wealth of information here. It's hard to pick out any page in particular when I love this entire site, but I really love the pages on Haruka's gender, the "Cold Hearts" page, and the indepth section on the anime. Also, that gallery!! :inlove:
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Shrine Spotlight Winner: March 2016

Post by nyxmidnight »

Wheee, congrats Laura!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Sky Coloured Oceans is a beautiful, insightful website about two of the Outer Senshi who may not get a lot of press otherwise. At first glance, it seems Laura has prepared well-organized informative articles to stand alongside her more thoughtful, opinion-based articles, but in fact each article is part information, part well-supported opinions (the latter of which are often proven by cited interviews with the creator of Sailor Moon herself). This makes even the later pages of the site approachable and understandable for anyone, whether new to the SM series or not. And the gorgeous graphic design, featuring a full-page grayscale image on the home page which changes to more colorful side-by-side image and content layouts, sets off the content perfectly. Even the color scheme, featuring soft gray-blue, deep blue, sea-green, and black, accurately reflect Sailors Uranus and Neptune.

WELL DONE!!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

So, so excited to see this site win -- I was just reading through it again yesterday and thinking about how great it is!

Sky Coloured Oceans is a great example of how to approach a relationship site while also giving ample attention to both halves of the pair. From the outsider-friendly introduction to the deep-dive pages on every aspect of the characters and their relationship, there's simply a wealth of information here. It's hard to pick out any page in particular when I love this entire site, but I really love the pages on Haruka's gender, the "Cold Hearts" page, and the indepth section on the anime. Also, that gallery!! :inlove:

Really, there's nothing about this site I don't love, and I'm so happy to see it honored here. Congrats, Laura!
tonight fate is the
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hey, Laura! Congratulations on your win! :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

I nominated this gem. /takes all the credit

I'm just kidding. Laura, you already know I love this site! I am so excited it won! Congratulations on your first nomination becoming your first win! :D
Laura

Post by Laura »

Oh my god, you guys. T___T I'm so surprised to see this and so grateful for all of your love for a site that started over 15 years ago. I'm really touched by everyone's comments, thank you all!! This really made my day (and week... and month... lol!).
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Congratulations! In all honesty, I thought that shrine had actually won before because...WHY WOULDN'T IT HAVE. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. It's amazing that you've been keeping it online and maintained for this long. You deserved this :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Congratulations!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Congrats, Laura! :) This is an incredible site all around, from the beautifully detailed layout to the wealth of information.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.