Shrine Spotlight Winner: December 2015

Help the community give recognition to exceptional shrines on a monthly basis
Camy
Administrator

Shrine Spotlight Winner: December 2015

Post by Camy »

The winner for December 2015 Shrine Spotlight is A Murder of Crows by Todd!

Congratulations! Here's your badge to show off Todd! :D
Thanks again to everyone who nominated and voted~!

Blurbs
o Everyone, no matter if they nominated or voted for the site, will have 3-5 days to submit a blurb on this thread or PM (and may ask to remain anonymous). They will appear below this quote for the winners to read~.

o For writing a blurb, members will be rewarded 100 coins!

o Blurbs must be at least three sentences to count.

Tip: Unsure of what to write about in a blurb? Just congratulate the winner, and write about what you like about the site. Feel free to call out and recommend sections you enjoy.

Remember, it's completely optional!
CuriousLittleBird wrote:Todd's dedication to Henry from Fire Emblem: Awakening is a wonderfully thorough and studied one. Entwining character analyses with story events, it helps even people who have not played the game to understand and appreciate the subject matter. It's also well-organized and designed, with a logical progression between pages on the navigation, and a mostly-monochromatic color scheme in violet which frames the content rather than overshadowing it. (And I am admittedly in love with the way quotes are spliced in throughout every page, and also how said quotes are designed.) All in all, excellent work and a much-deserved win!
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Shrine Spotlight Winner: December 2015

Post by Robin »

Todd's dedication to Henry from Fire Emblem: Awakening is a wonderfully thorough and studied one. Entwining character analyses with story events, it helps even people who have not played the game to understand and appreciate the subject matter. It's also well-organized and designed, with a logical progression between pages on the navigation, and a mostly-monochromatic color scheme in violet which frames the content rather than overshadowing it. (And I am admittedly in love with the way quotes are spliced in throughout every page, and also how said quotes are designed.) All in all, excellent work and a much-deserved win!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Congratulations!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Congratulations!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congratulations, Todd! :D/
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Congratulations, Todd!! One of my favorite sites of yours. :)
Todd

Post by Todd »

Wow, you guys keep spoiling me! A Murder of Crows was the last site I made; it's nice to know my new work is just as appreciated as my old. Thanks to everyone who nominated and voted. Thanks Robin and Sam for the lovely words. Thanks Crystal for pushing me to get this site done when I was making it.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is an amazing game, and Henry is such a fun and interesting character. I loved using this site as a catalyst to explore the game and Henry. I'm happy to see you guys enjoy it, and I'm happy it's accessible to new fans. More people should definitely play this game!

Congratulations to everyone who was nominated this month. I was talking to Lethe about a week ago, when our sites kept passing each other in the votes, and we talked about how much of an honor it was to get votes, and to even be nominated, and although someone had to win eventually, we both felt like winners already. Everyone who made a site last year is a winner, and you guys are all awesome. I hope just as many if not more sites are made this year! Thank you so much!