Shrine Spotlight Winner: October 2015

Help the community give recognition to exceptional shrines on a monthly basis
Camy
Administrator

Shrine Spotlight Winner: October 2015

Post by Camy »

The winner for October 2015 Shrine Spotlight is Wings by Todd!

Congratulations! Here's your badge Todd~
Thanks again to everyone who nominated and voted~!

Blurbs
o Everyone, no matter if they nominated or voted for the site, will have 3-5 days to submit a blurb on this thread or PM (and may ask to remain anonymous). They will appear below this quote for the winners to read~.

o For writing a blurb, members will be rewarded 100 coins!

o Blurbs must be at least three sentences to count.

Tip: Unsure of what to write about in a blurb? Just congratulate the winner, and write about what you like about the site. Feel free to call out and recommend sections you enjoy.

Remember, it's completely optional!
CuriousLittleBird wrote:A well-deserved and long-awaited win for this lovely not-so-little site. Todd has packed each page full of not only factual information of the film itself, but also in-depth character analyses, which serve as various lenses through which to view the film's events. This, combined with the beautiful misty gray-blue layout and numerous, gracefully-orchestrated personal touches and opinions, make this one of Todd's "classic" sites. WELL DONE GOOD SIR! :D
Mikari wrote:Congratulations! This is my favorite version of Cinderella to date. Despite the fact that I didn't expect to like it so much since it didn't have as much fantasy as other versions, I really enjoyed the character of Danielle and how she came to life with a more realistic version of Cinderella, while still maintaining the basic concepts of the story. I think that's something that you captured very well with how the site sections are divided. The page I liked best was happily ever after.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Shrine Spotlight Winner: October 2015

Post by Robin »

A well-deserved and long-awaited win for this lovely not-so-little site. Todd has packed each page full of not only factual information of the film itself, but also in-depth character analyses, which serve as various lenses through which to view the film's events. This, combined with the beautiful misty gray-blue layout and numerous, gracefully-orchestrated personal touches and opinions, make this one of Todd's "classic" sites. WELL DONE GOOD SIR! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Congratulations! This is my favorite version of Cinderella to date. Despite the fact that I didn't expect to like it so much since it didn't have as much fantasy as other versions, I really enjoyed the character of Danielle and how she came to life with a more realistic version of Cinderella, while still maintaining the basic concepts of the story. I think that's something that you captured very well with how the site sections are divided. The page I liked best was happily ever after.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Congrats, Todd! Well deserved, I love this site. :)
a spoony bard
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Congratulations, Todd! I love what a good fit the layout is for the subject matter haha.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Congratulations, Todd!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congratulations, Todd! :)
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Congrats, Todd! Love this site. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Congrats Todd! This has been my favorite shrine by you for a long time. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I swear I replied to this already! Sorry about that, everyone!

I didn't even realize my Danielle site was even nominated for a while, so I was shocked to go vote and find it tied for winning with Mayumi's beautiful Snape shrine. I felt honored to have my shrine listed in her shrine's company, and I would have been just as happy had she won this. Check out her shrine if you haven't yet! I know she put a lot of work into it, and it definitely shows.

Shrines to movie characters are so rare, and I didn't know how my Danielle site would be received when I first made it. I'm so happy to see that so many of you love it! Danielle is not only my favorite Drew Barrymore role, but one of my favorite film characters ever. Her story is inspiring, and her story and character has motivated me to see the light in every situation, even when times are bad. This shrine means a lot to me, and so does this award. There are a couple more sections I would like to add to it, so look forward to updates!

Thank you everyone who nominated, voted, and left such awesome comments! You guys' enthusiasm and support is a big reason why I continue to make shrines today. <3