Yunalesca revamp!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Cherri

Re: Yunalesca revamp!

Post by Cherri »

What's "smooth scrolling" precious? And I know I'm not Todd but what's this "FFX'3'" updates?
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Okay, now I'm going to strongly disagree - it's not a matter of preference and trendiness, it's a matter of making your site accessible to people who have less than perfect vision. Personally I don't play Final Fantasy so I don't have a horse in this race, but let's say that I was interested in reading your site: I couldn't, and I'm not even in the disabled range of poor vision!

What I am really upset about, however, is your attitude. Your sites are hard to read if you're "not used to low contrast"? So it's the fault of people who have poor vision if they can't read your sites? I hope I'm mistaken, but I'm hearing that as appallingly insensitive and I am not standing for that. I really hope I'm mistaken. Besides, it's not even about the color choice - you can use all the pale colors you want, and in fact, your other sites are readable and have pale colors, and they're perfectly fine as they are. This particular one, however, just doesn't work.

Also, there's the fact that you're asking for criticism and when you get some, your reply is basically "it's my style", and no, it's not about your preference and your branding, it's about your site being broken for some people for reasons that are beyond their control, but fully within your control to change it. I don't get it, why did you even post your site if you're going to dismiss every critique?
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Cherri I think it's when the page scrolls rather than jump to anchors... It's like flying versus teleporting... Like this.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Oh! I understand. Thank you Mikari!
;o; *** pew! pew!