Yunalesca revamp!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Rinoa

Yunalesca revamp!

Post by Rinoa »

Image http://rinoa.nu/yunalesca/

The previous layout was more focused on rewriting age-old content from 2001, it's cray how much my writing voice has changed. Body is ready for FFX HD!

Also made a trendy one-pager site while bored on a laptop, but haven't fully tested it out due to the ice storm and power outages happening.
http://sheilaknight.com
Cherri

Re: Yunalesca revamp!

Post by Cherri »

Wow! Both look beautiful. And I'm gonna say you like the pale color palettes. I'm convinced of it. The light text is a bit hard but it looks good.

Sheila Knight looks good. I didn't see any problems with it. I really like the logo. So pretty.

I'm also excited for the HD. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Beautiful :) the design is very fitting and I like the updates. :D
Rinoa

Post by Rinoa »

Thanks & thanks for checking!

Sorry for blinding ya'll but pale colours have always been my fave thing. I might darken the pink but I like how it looks, as it's exactly the colour of the decal on my wal. I guess you could say it's a ~branding~.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Everything looks wonderful! Love the color choices you used!! I don't think you should change a thing. I like the pale color choices as well but I usually use dark colors because I get nervous. X_x Good job :)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I'm sorry, I can't see any text D: Like, it's not that it's hard to read; it's in a completely different league than hard to read - it's not there at all for me unless I tilt the screen at a certain angle and then stick my nose on the screen and squint just in the right way.
anon

Post by anon »

Aaaah, the revamp looks amazing!! It must have taken you a lot of time esp. when it comes to updating outdated writing.

Haha, I saw your portfolio post on tumblr and if I didn't tell you before, I'll say it again! I love how sleek the design is and how every menu feels like flipping pages in a book.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

It's alright Rinoa. ^-^ Use what you like. I was just mentioning but I think I did the same when it came to Schala (which I'm not even sure how to pronounce but she's a fav of mine). Hehe. If you like how it is, keep it. Hey if I tilt my screen back it's a bit darker.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Todd

Post by Todd »

I love the layout! I'm happy to see you still updating your old stuff!

The one pager looks amazing too.

I need to work on my sites again; it's been a while.

I am ridiculously ready for FFX HD.
Rinoa

Post by Rinoa »

Outdated writing - pretty much the worst part of any shrine revamp for me. I'm not looking forward to the eventual (if ever) revamp of Shiva and Sherazard, those two sites are kinda lost in the sauce.

Yes, my sites be hard to read if you're not used to low contrast. I've always marched to the beat of my own drum when it comes to colour preference on personal webpages that will probably never be seen by many, and have stuck by it for two decades. It's interesting that this low contrast thing (and tiner fonts than I've ever used) has had a recent comeback on tumblr templates.

The smooth scrolling is a huge trend right now, I want to implement it on all of my sites but it's not easy.

Todd did you see the FFX"3" updates?