BOMBSHELL · · · a shrine to FF8's quistis trepe

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Sophia

BOMBSHELL · · · a shrine to FF8's quistis trepe

Post by Sophia »

I've been working on this shrine since November, in one form or another - with a lot of help. @Robin and @Lethe provided a lot of loving, important structural criticism about the initial drafts of the Fictional Worlds FF8 magic component, all of which steered the completed version. @Larissa beta'd the whole dang thing. @Stefi and @Todd encouraged me a lot. And I pretty much cracked my knuckles every weekend with the Productivity Buddies trying to write for it, and it really helped to have that chorus of positivity.

This is the first shrine I ever wanted to make to my first favorite character. This is a big, weird, happy checkmark for me.

And 100% I wouldn't have done it without getting on this forum and meeting all y'all.

RAY GUN SUE
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: BOMBSHELL · · · a shrine to FF8's quistis trepe

Post by Robin »

OOOOOOOOOO GURL <3<3<3 *owl noises*

So lovely in design, so well-organized and yet free-flowing with info...wow what a magnum opus!! I'm just staring at this going "h-h-howwwww she do dat???" LOL

I don't have all the time to read everything right now, but I will come back to peruse more. Let's just say what I'm seeing right now is so polished and pretty, both in terms of the layout and the content!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Going in, I knew Bombshell was going to win my heart, but I was absolutely certain the moment you quoted Roxane Gay!

Seriously though, the quality of your writing, the layout of the site, the tidbits about how you empathized with Quistis, and everything else I can think of, left me breathless. I didn't even realize how much content you've written until afterwards because I was thoroughly pulled in the whole time. I even went to read every page once over just to write this post!

"Learning to Love the Princess" has left a huge impact on me, personally. After reading it, I've come to realize that in spite of the game giving women important roles (the matron, the sorceress, the villain, etc.), the individual women themselves didn't exactly receive well-crafted arcs. Despite the game having two males being a huge driving force in the game, I wholeheartedly agree that Quistis is such an accomplished and admirable woman, as you've stated. She really did deserve at least some closure, aside from beating herself up over 'misplaced' love. Your site pointed that out appropriately, and while I've always respected Quistis as a character, I've never quite appreciated her like I did after going through Bombshell.

There's a lot of wonderful things I want to express about your site, but to not make it sound like I'm gushing too much (because let's face it--I totally am), but I do want to say that you've done something different and distinctive from previous tributes in style and structure, and I have to say, it's pretty damn amazing. Congratulations on finishing your tribute! :star:
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

*HUGS* @Robin and @Stefi, you've both been so encouraging throughout making this -- and I really appreciate what you both have to say about the end result, because getting to the end owes a lot to you two. (lol at R-owl-bin's hooting <3 )

I'm so glad, also, that the 'Learning to Love the Princess' article had an impact. I was sort of surprised how the site evolved beyond my intentions, or didn't quite stick to my intended plot, and that ended up being the conclusion.

Anyway: Thank you both. This means a lot. <3 <3

RAY GUN SUE
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

R-owl-bin ahahaaaaaa XD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org