vox populi: red, of transistor

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Re: vox populi: red, of transistor

Post by Destinie »

I'm so sorry for the late reply but I love the design of this site. It's so bold and engaging. I love how the sections are broken out and how you've styled key words to make them stand out. The shrine is really easy to scan. I also think you have a lot of really nice writing here! Congrats on getting it done; it's great!
Laura

Post by Laura »

Visually irritating... whaaaaaaaaaa??? ???_??? I absolutely love what you were going for; conceptually linking each section to its content while using visual references from different parts of the game to emphasize this.

I really can't get over how much work you must have put into this layout... Every section is completely different in terms of where you decided to put floating images or floating text boxes. Each section has its own unique sort of image too; it's not just the typical square cutout, but unique shapes, animations, etc. Interesting visual cues that really break up the white space.

Your style of writing is also engaging; I want to keep reading but I can't because I still haven't gotten around to playing the game yet and I don't want to spoil myself! Eep! This does make me wanna hurry up and play though, I really love the art style of the game and your site makes me a little more curious about the premise. :3 It's been on my playlist since before it came out so maybe once I'm done with ME:A, this'll be next. <3
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

@Destinie: Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I'm glad the visual design is working and the writing seems to serve the shrine well - I was sincerely worried it would come off more confusing than bold, as you put it. I appreciate the feedback!

@Laura: Thank you Laura! You have to ABSOLUTELY tell me what you think of the game when you finish - it's not a long play, but it's wonderful, though obviously I'm a bit biased. And I so very much appreciate the response to both the writing and how that writing is supposed to link with the design. Mwah. <3 <3

RAY GUN SUE
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I just wanted to say that OMFG THIS LOOKS GORGEOUS AND WOW. SO WOW. You know how is this visually irritating - it's irritating how good and clever it is!
...And then I scrolled and, after reading the introduction, I went - wait a moment, I'm pretty much about to play this game so waaait a moment here!
I'll read it when I'm done (which, actually, might not be too long from now - maybe just next year instead of ten years from now) and I foresee writing you a long long post about it, but, for now, congratulations on making this and I'll give you some more in-depth yelling later!
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

@Dubious: THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOUR OBLIVION SHRINE. I WILL YELL AT YOU BACK. POSITIVELY1!!!

RAY GUN SUE