Howling Moon

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Emma
Time Traveler

Howling Moon

Post by Emma »

Howling Moon – Red XIII/Nanaki from Final Fantasy VII
(using Stefi's gorgeous button to plug this :eyes: )

I hadn't touched this site at all since it was uploaded back in 2014 for the Creature Feature Challenge. There were always things that bothered me about the layout that I'd meant to fix and never got around too...and suddenly it was almost three years later and I couldn't stand to look at it anymore.

So it got a new layout. I'm so glad this game got a Steam release so I could take screenshots. I was pleased when reading through it that I was still mostly happy with the content. A few pages were rewritten, while others only needed a typo fixed here and there. I also added a little media section, a couple of new buttons, and some new fanlisting codes. This is a small site that I'm quite fond of, and I hope the remake will give me reason to expand it. :heart:

This layout was made on a complete whim very quickly, so please do let me know if anything isn't working as it should.
a spoony bard
Destinie

Re: Howling Moon

Post by Destinie »

2014, wow, was it really that long ago??

I love the new layout, I think I mentioned on twitter! It's so cute. I love how you styled the navigation around the moon and have it at the bottom of the content, so I never get lost. *_* The contrast is so nice and easy to read. This is one of my favorite shrines of yours so I'm happy to see it get some love!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I mentioned this already on Twitter, but oh wow what a beautiful layout, and so easy to navigate between pages (since you've included content section links at the bottom as well as the top). I also like the use of circular images throughout! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Thank you both so much!

@Destinie - I know! Time sure flies. It really doesn't feel like three years ago..

And I'm glad you both noticed the navigation at the bototm! I always get annoyed when things aren't easy to navigate or I have to scroll back up a long page to proceed...a minor inconvenience, sure, but it's something I'm trying to incorporate into my designs these days to save someone else that inconvenience.
a spoony bard
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Gosh, this layout is so beautiful! I really love the colors and the placement of the navigation around the header. Haha, I'm so glad you like my button, It seriously makes me happy :content:

Nanaki is really such a wonderful character. I think he often gets overlooked because he's not a human character, but he's definitely one of my favorites in the game. I didn't get to read A Case of Nanaki, so I never knew he grew closer to Vincent (makes a lot of sense, thinking about it).

Also, that image of Sean Connery is seriously the best, hahahaha!