Just Relax

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Just Relax

Post by Megan »

Hello everyone! As most of you may know, I have been working my butt off to make a combined tribute to Snorlax and Munchlax from the Pokemon Series. Currently, I have the main section, multimedia, website, and Snorlax sections online! I wanted to plug this here because I am really proud of my work so far. I will post a separate post later on when I finish Munchlax's Part!
Just Relax is about 75% Complete!
Please let me know what you think so far! This feedback can help me to improve or keep doing what I am doing already for the Munchlax section! <3 You can click Snorlax on the main layout, or go down to where it says "Quick Links." The only thing on my Multimedia page that is missing is my Merchandise page, which will be updated soon! Also, I was recently approved for Snorlax's fanlisting, so join that if you are a fan! Thanks in advance everyone!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Just Relax

Post by Robin »

Awwwww this is so cute!! I really like all the information you have put up so far on both Pokemon!

For the Quick Links and Sitely Stuff sections, maybe highlight both of those with a block of different color? That way those two link sections would visually stand out a little better at the top of the page.

Also, I didn't realize till I got down to the bottom of the page that the Snorlax section was on a different page (LOL, I didn't read the navigation xD)... but perhaps you could make the Munchlax section its own page, too, and then use the index page as a way to quickly introduce both Pokemon and maybe have a couple of sections studying both of them? What do you think?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

My Munchlax section will be its own page and layout! As stated above, I haven't completed Munchlax yet! The main page is just introducing them together and then you go off to each subsection. Is that what you mean? Also I am not sure how to make the links a different color from the rest. I have the quick links header a different color and I put them right at the top for easy access! The two Snorlax and Munchlax words on the main layout also leads to their individual sections!! :) if that makes sense
Saya

Post by Saya »

OOOh love the set up and the layout/s!!!!!

As soon as I have some time so gonna read tru this XD and gratz on the fl too
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Megan: I understand what you meant better now--I was apparently misreading the "main" page as mostly about Munchlax, LOL!

As for the quick links and sitely links, currently you've got them formatted in a table with a style like so:

Code: Select all

.table { background:none; }
  .table tr { background:none; }
  .table th { font-face:arial; font-size:10pt; color:#; letter-spacing:2px;line-height:12px; text-align:left;}
  .table td { font-face:arial; font-size:9pt; color:#; letter-spacing:1px;line-height:15px; text-align:left;}
My suggestion is to add a background color to the table and specify link colors for just the table class, like in this example:

Code: Select all

.table {background-color: #ED9E97;}
.table td {font-family: "Arial", sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; color: #1C2022;}
.table a {color: #2A5765; text-decoration: none;}
.table a:hover {color: #790C02; text-decoration: none; }
(The colors in the example closely match your layout, so you could try these and see if you like how it looks, but definitely change things as you need to :D)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Saya: Thank you! I was so excited to have the FL addition to it <3 And yes, let me know what you think when you find the time!

@Robin: Thanks for sending me your code! I will definitely give it a try soon and see what it looks like :D