Improved: The Impossible Dream

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Improved: The Impossible Dream

Post by Robin »

The Impossible Dream
an unusual Olaf shrine

After 2 years and several (SEVERAL) revisions, this little site is finally ready to show off! What was once a tiny site of 5 pages has now been rewritten and expanded with 5 brand-new articles to round out the content, including an introduction to Olaf as a character. I think I’ve finally nailed everything I wanted to say about Olaf and why I find so much to love about his character in the film!

(Fun facts: I actually had this revamp technically done on the 20th, but I waited a couple of days to see if I wanted to add anything more before officially plugging it here…also, I am still open to suggestions, especially about design choices!)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: Improved: The Impossible Dream

Post by Megan »

Robin! I really like the section about why we think Olaf is a comic relief character! You're right, the real problem is with our conceptions of what the norm is suppose to be. Why do we find people who are always happy and dreamers weird?? It shouldn't be that way. I think this was my favorite part of this new and improved tribute!

All of the other pages were very neat and gave us a great idea of what you were trying to put out (meaning the headings always got answered). I also like how some parts you just answer in bullets. Sometimes I feel strange giving bullets instead of paragraphs on my sites, but I have been working on just letting it be how I want it to be! Seeing your site having bullets helps me feel confident in mine! <3

Would you want to link exchange with my animation tributes: Hercules & Megara and perhaps Jack Skellington & Sally? :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you, Megan!! :D :D LOL I got on a roll with the comic relief page and just kinda went for it, so I wasn't sure if it made a whole lot of sense, but I'm glad to hear it does, and that it's your favorite part! :D

Also, yes, bullet points are <3. Sometimes those little hits of brevity are better (and they're certainly easier to write/code xD)

I added your links! Thank you! :D
withinmyworld.org
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

This site is really cute, Robin! You have a lot of really interesting things to say about Olaf despite him being a minor character, so I had a lot of fun going through your site! I actually liked Olaf the most in Frozen because I thought a snowman signing about wanting to be in summer was the best thing ever, haha.

Congrats on the revamp!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Stefi: thank you!! Glad you enjoyed it (and yessss that first song about him wanting to experience summer immediately got me interested in his character too!)
withinmyworld.org
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

THIS IS SO CUTE... an Olaf shrine... I love it.

I really enjoyed reading through this shrine--you have so much to say about this little snowman. :heart: I really enjoyed the faith section! I think that was really neat. Overall, it was a really nice tribute. :>
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Good job on another great revamp! :star: Your h2 styling is so cute and fits the shrine so well, I'm amused how something so small makes the shrine so charming haha. <3

Your concept for this site is lovely, and it's nice to see so much of your personal values in every single page! You conveyed all your strong feelings very well. My favourite part is under Character Functions:
Even though he doesn't know what heat is till he feels fire, he is wise enough to know he will be better for experiencing it. All he looks for is the experience of summer and heat, no matter how brief. He is an explorer at heart; he was created from childhood wonder, and so he projects that wonder and curiosity forward as he lives his life. We often worry too much over the future, whether it will change us or inconvenience us; Olaf eagerly awaits being changed and inconvenienced, because he longs to learn and have new experiences.
;_; <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Tara: thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed the faith section! :)

@Lethe: thank you! I love the h2 style too--it was a happy formatting accident that I fell in love with. It just looks so Olaf-y! XD

And I'm glad you have a fav part! That is AWESOME and makes me so happy I went back and did this revamp :)
withinmyworld.org