The Hierophant: Kakyoin Noriaki

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Jae

The Hierophant: Kakyoin Noriaki

Post by Jae »

'eyy

You know, I've been having this awful crisis over my "shrining style" - the same as an artist trying to shape her own lines instead of using a cookie-cutter template, because "shrine" is basically synonymous to "creativity." Consequently, my updates and presence have been more scarce than ever! It still bugs me, but - lo and behold - I got hit with such a burst of inspiration for a recent favorite character that I cranked this out within a day.

When I think about it that way, I feel old. But I also feel much better.

Anyway, The Hierophant was my way of finding a place to gush about Kakyoin. I never expected to enjoy JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, of all things, yet I found it oddly fulfilling. Everyone talks about the memes and neglects to mention the suffering. :nolove: I wasn't sure where I was going with the articles, but winging them with the mentality of "I just want to talk about this guy!" helped me be more confident in my topics. Progress is a truly beautiful thing. I love Kakyoin a lot, in part for personal reasons and another part for him being so very sweet.

Man, this topic is kind of melodramatic. Good news is, I feel like I can finally focus on updating my older shrines that have been chopped liver for months. I gotta do quality control! That was my 2017 resolution!

As always, thanks for dropping by.
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: The Hierophant: Kakyoin Noriaki

Post by Robin »

HEYYYYY awesome! I love fevered shrines like this! Doesn't it feel liberating? :D

Though I don't know much about the source material, you present it in such an easygoing way that it's easy to grasp and hang on to. I like the layout too; it works well as a simple elegant frame for the content.

Also, I definitely feel ya on getting stuck in perfectionistic circles of thought...glad you're breaking out of it! 2017 resolution FTW!! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Re: The Hierophant: Kakyoin Noriaki

Post by Lethe »

Yay for inspiration and quick projects! :heart:

I can feel how much fun you've had making this shrine even without knowing JoJo! THE CHERRY CLIP?? THE CLAMP THING OH MY GOD?? The trivia and Youtube goodness on this shrine overall is :heart: :heart: :heart: :music:.

My favourite part is where you muse about how he uses his Stand's special ability due to his backstory, and how it leads to the next page. <3 The small scope of this shrine with the various things it covers makes for such a neat introduction.

Hehe seems like quite a few of us intend to do quality control this year. I hope you'll find a shrining style that makes you happy, and continue to be inspired. :star:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.