Memoria - a tribute and FL to Elephants!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Memoria - a tribute and FL to Elephants!

Post by Megan »

Hello everyone! I just wanted to plug my update for my Elephant tribute and fanlisting on here today for a few reasons:

1) Today is World Elephant Day, (August 12th every single year) and I felt like it was necessary to finally update my tribute into something a bit more than it was.
2) I have organized my content a lot better (the site is no longer a one-pager and it has more information! Not all of it is uploaded and you will see that the pages that don't work are crossed out, but will be uploaded soon!) I also have added a bit of a personal section as well called "impact" that you should definitely check out if you want to also get involved in conservation of elephants!
3) I have uploaded a gallery of photos I have taken at multiple different zoos. (The Phoenix Zoo will be uploaded once I go later this week)

MEMORIA - An elephant tribute and fanlisting

I am an environmental studies major at a university in NY. Wildlife conservation is very important to me! So if you'd like to take a look at what I've uploaded today, that would mean a lot to me!

Let me know if anyone has any cool or personal elephant stories they'd like to share with me! Also if they want me to feature any of their elephant photos on my gallery page (with credit of course) let me know as well!!

Enjoy your World Elephant Day! :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Memoria - a tribute and FL to Elephants!

Post by Robin »

What a FANTASTIC tribute, both informative and passionate about the topic at hand. I like that you use this site not only as a platform to let people know about elephant hunting/abuse, but as a showcase of why you love elephants and what makes them so special <3 great work!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

This is the cutest, most wholesome site ever. Thank you for writing this. ;_;
Laura

Post by Laura »

I just wanted to say that I love the amount of research you put into this site. <3 There's so many little details that I never would have thought of, like the inclusion of elephant-inspired names in the etymology section. I'm really looking forward to reading about the symbolism too; I love how animals impact spiritual and mythological stories. :3

I have one question: what about elephant graveyards? The habitat blurb mentions "where they live and die" but the actual page doesn't mention them. From what I understand, the idea is a myth but it'd be interesting to learn more about it. :)

I'm really inspired to do my own shrine to wolves now. XD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I really love this shrine, Megan! You did such a wonderful job and it's filled with lots of unique content. I can really feel your love of elephants! I so love animals and I love seeing shrines for them!

(And as I told you on twitter it really motivates me to try and work on my cheetahs site I've been wanting to do T_T)
Laura

Post by Laura »

Destinie wrote:(And as I told you on twitter it really motivates me to try and work on my cheetahs site I've been wanting to do T_T)
Might be fun to see if people would be interested in doing an animal shrine event sometime. XD I'd love to see a site about cheetahs. <3
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Thank you everyone!! I still have some more to update on here....
@Laura - I will look into the Elephant Graveyards and let you know what I find/when I update! Thanks for the idea!

@Destinie - CHEETAHS DO IT!

We really should promote an animal marathon! It would be really wonderful, cute, and educational!
Laura

Post by Laura »

No problem! :D I can't wait to see if you get any info! X3

And yes, I definitely think an animal marathon would be lovely! I can just imagine all the different animals that would have shrines... makes me all fuzzy inside. <3
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

We should plan something together! Start a side-event, maybe after my Pokemon Gym Leader one is finished? We can stay in contact about it and find a way to make it really fun and unique!!
Laura

Post by Laura »

Yes, definitely! I would be interested for sure. :) And waiting until after your gym leader one is done would be fine for me, gives more time for me to finish other projects first. XD