Killer Grin - Dedicated to Pancham

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan A

Killer Grin - Dedicated to Pancham

Post by Megan A »

Killer Grin is my new shrine to Pancham from the Pokemon games. I didn't think I would have so much to write about this Pokemon, but I just kept going. This shrine transformed into something outside of my initial expectations, and I really hope you enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing!

My favorite thing about making this shrine is the amount of support from all of my friends! So many people helped me, either by pre-reading, layout coding, and even making buttons. Todd even named the site! This site is the product of so many amazing people! Thank you, everyone. <3

Affiliation is open for dark-type Pokemon shrines (I might be more lenient though if you ask! :D) and other similar characters.
Lethe

Re: Killer Grin - Dedicated to Pancham

Post by Lethe »

GOSH CUTE BANNER

Again, I'm so so happy to see another shrine from you! And it's such a lovely shrine, too! Incidentally, I am very amused that your first shrine was dedicated to a bear, and now it's another bear...

Your photo album is the CUTEST, and all of the graphics on the shrine are really well-placed. Adding Pancham's shiny sprite into the photo of the Qinling panda is such an adorable touch, and your info graphics that accompany the name explanation and the delinquency-inspired elements in Pangoro are neat too! I love it when people make that extra effort on their shrines; I'd be way too lazy for that lmao.

I didn't use any of the other bear Pokémon BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE HOW THOSE CUTE LITTLE CUBS BECAME BIG SCARY BEARS (watch Todd waltz into this topic dissing Cubchoo), but I used Pancham and Pangoro in Pokémon X because I actually like Pangoro's design. Maybe it's the panda factor.

I like that you mentioned Machamp in the name section, and how Pancham's name is essentially a double pun!! I wouldn't have thought of the second part ("punch 'em") since I don't read names out loud haha.

Really, I just love how many different topics the Origins and Evolution pages cover! The Evolution page is definitely my favourite, and one of my favourite pages on any Pokémon shrine in general, especially with how it also brings up characters from other anime/manga/video games (and even Pokémon's own biker gangs hahaha). :D I can see why you so strongly wanted to make a Pancham shrine just to talk about this! (Now where's the Mantine shrine...) I think you really drive the connection between Pancham and Pangoro and the evolution from one into the other home by equally making the shrine about both of them: The Pangoro part is an integral part of your discussion of Pancham, not just an add-on.

GREAT JOB. NOW GIVE ME MORE SHRINES.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I love how original the articles are. My fav pages are Origin and Evolution because of the theories and comparison, which give it a very personal and unique touch.
melzillah

Post by melzillah »

Omg, the font for your section/page titles reminds me of the twig in his mouth?! Haha!

I totally love the "Japanese Delinquency" section as that's the first thing I thought of when I saw Pancham!

Also really enjoyed the screeshot of him teasing Chespin LOL.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

3 things I love about this shrine:
- The color scheme/layout design
- The Japanese delinquent section (REALLY COOL)
- The in-depth analysis of the name Pancham :D

Really well done, Megan!! I can tell how much you adore this badass little fella :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Thank you for all the nice words about my shrine, everyone! I am particularly glad (and relieved) to hear that you all seem to really like the Japanese delinquent section! It was really difficult to write, but I think it's my favorite section on the shrine <3
Lethe wrote:Incidentally, I am very amused that your first shrine was dedicated to a bear, and now it's another bear...
I PROMISE YOU THAT THIS WAS NOT ON PURPOSE! I just decided to pick Pancham based on the fact that he looked interesting to write for (after some prodding from Todd). I am really glad that you liked my images too because that was a super time consuming part of the shrine!
Lethe wrote: The Evolution page is definitely my favourite, and one of my favourite pages on any Pokémon shrine in general, especially with how it also brings up characters from other anime/manga/video games (and even Pokémon's own biker gangs hahaha). :D I can see why you so strongly wanted to make a Pancham shrine just to talk about this! (Now where's the Mantine shrine...)
Yesss, thank you so much! Ahhh, I really love that everyone seemed to love that section! (I already signed up with Sonic and Tails for Dynamic Duos SO NO MANTINE SHRINE OK...). Thank you so much for the support and the thoughtful comment.
Mikari wrote:I love how original the articles are. My fav pages are Origin and Evolution because of the theories and comparison, which give it a very personal and unique touch.
Thank you, Mikari! <333 I am glad you like those sections!
melzillah wrote:Omg, the font for your section/page titles reminds me of the twig in his mouth?! Haha!

I totally love the "Japanese Delinquency" section as that's the first thing I thought of when I saw Pancham!

Also really enjoyed the screeshot of him teasing Chespin LOL.
Yess, I am glad you like the font! The green text one of my favorite aspects of the layout. :D I am glad you like it! Thank you so much <333 AND that's one of my favorite screenshots of Pancham :D :D)
Robin wrote:3 things I love about this shrine:
- The color scheme/layout design
- The Japanese delinquent section (REALLY COOL)
- The in-depth analysis of the name Pancham :D

Really well done, Megan!! I can tell how much you adore this badass little fella :D
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D I am so glad you like it! Especially those sections (you know I kind of struggled with the name section! Thanks for your feedback on it btw :D :D).
Lethe wrote:(watch Todd waltz into this topic dissing Cubchoo)
TODD, THIS IS A SAFE SPACE FOR ALL WHO LOVE BEARS!!! even Cubchoo
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congratulations on getting your shrine up and running, Megan! I know you've been working on it for quite a while and I think your hard work paid off! :D

I really like how the information parts are divided into just 3 pages but the information you have in those pages is really solid and well-written. I learned a lot about Pancham reading your shrine, for example, I've been saying its name wrong this entire time! I appreciate the small things in your shrine that are really nice touches, such as: including a map with the route highlighted on where you can find Pancham in the wild (SO SMART! I might steal that), blurb on other bear Pokemon, and highlighting other delinquents from anime. The Pangoro section was particularly fun to read. :)

Great job! I really enjoyed it! :D
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Destinie wrote:Congratulations on getting your shrine up and running, Megan! I know you've been working on it for quite a while and I think your hard work paid off! :D

I really like how the information parts are divided into just 3 pages but the information you have in those pages is really solid and well-written. I learned a lot about Pancham reading your shrine, for example, I've been saying its name wrong this entire time! I appreciate the small things in your shrine that are really nice touches, such as: including a map with the route highlighted on where you can find Pancham in the wild (SO SMART! I might steal that), blurb on other bear Pokemon, and highlighting other delinquents from anime. The Pangoro section was particularly fun to read. :)

Great job! I really enjoyed it! :D
Thank you for your kind words, Destinie! I'm really glad to hear that you liked everything. The way I separated the information was pretty tough to decide, and I changed it multiple times before finally deciding on the format that I used in the end. Guess that's one of my weaknesses! I hope it gets easier for me with time. I am glad you liked those things about my shrine, especially the evolution section! It was my favorite section to write in the end even though it was also the most difficult.

Thank you!!! <3 <3
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

As you already know, I am so so so happy that you've finished this! I am glad that all of your hard work has finally paid off! I finally read everything over (and not just the small sections you'd send me online), and its AMAZING! You take your site to a whole new level! I am definitely inspired by all of your work here! I have added your links to my sites as well <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.