[Plug] Stella Glow

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

[Plug] Stella Glow

Post by Crystal »

Well I can happily say I have finished my Stella Glow fanlisting. I had a lot of fun making the layout and writing up the information for A Little More so I hope you all enjoy it!

Celestial Hymn - Stella Glow

I feel like I could add more to it so I'm open for some suggestions.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Re: [Plug] Stella Glow

Post by Lethe »

Hey, Crystal! Glad to see you finally got this up! :D

I like how you're honest with the things that bothered you about the game (and I fully agree) even with it being a fanlisting, which tends to be about praise only, I feel.

I LOVE THE EXTRA FIELDS YOU ADDED TO THE JOIN FORM THEY'RE PERFECT

I think you said you didn't want to add character profiles or descriptions, and I agree it might be too much for an about page - however, if you'd consider it, I'd still add just the pictures along with names and titles (lining up square images next to each other or something). The header image is great, but I know that the Magical Girl influence makes me so much more excited about something when I get a good look at the character designs including the girls' elements. XD It wouldn't take up much space either?

Alsooo I think it'd be better to remove the vague spoiler there. =x
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Beautiful muted layout colors, and as always, an easily-readable compact design. :D

I like the Game page as it is, but I also second Lethe's request for character screenshots. If you don't want to do a huge tabular display of images, you could perhaps just sprinkle 'em into the paragraphs to preview a bit of the game's graphic flavor. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

The design is so cute!!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Lethe wrote:Hey, Crystal! Glad to see you finally got this up! :D

I like how you're honest with the things that bothered you about the game (and I fully agree) even with it being a fanlisting, which tends to be about praise only, I feel.

I LOVE THE EXTRA FIELDS YOU ADDED TO THE JOIN FORM THEY'RE PERFECT

I think you said you didn't want to add character profiles or descriptions, and I agree it might be too much for an about page - however, if you'd consider it, I'd still add just the pictures along with names and titles (lining up square images next to each other or something). The header image is great, but I know that the Magical Girl influence makes me so much more excited about something when I get a good look at the character designs including the girls' elements. XD It wouldn't take up much space either?

Alsooo I think it'd be better to remove the vague spoiler there. =x
Thank you Lethe! They were issues I felt I needed to talk about. I think having both good and bad points if fun to have.

Yessss I love them too! I had some trouble trying to set it up but I'm happy to get it to work haha.

Yeah there are like 16 playable characters so it's hard to write something up for all of them. D: I won't completely forgot about the idea but for now it's not really something I want to get into. I never really noticed the magical girl element. A lot of things I read mentioned it sharing elements with Luminous Arc. Might be something worth mentionin too.

Ahh where!? I didn't realize I made a spoiler somewhere. D: I want it to be spoiler free.
Robin wrote:Beautiful muted layout colors, and as always, an easily-readable compact design. :D

I like the Game page as it is, but I also second Lethe's request for character screenshots. If you don't want to do a huge tabular display of images, you could perhaps just sprinkle 'em into the paragraphs to preview a bit of the game's graphic flavor. :)
Thanks Robin! :D

That's an idea too. Give people an idea as to what the game is like. Right now the only image I have is the boxart.
Mikari wrote:The design is so cute!!
Thanks Mikari! :D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Nooo I don't mean include the designs for all characters!! Just the 5 witches!! :OOO I think that'd be great, since they're the center of it all and have the cutest designs, and it's not overwhelming. And just names and titles would be enough to make a visitor curious, I think. (I mean, I'm speaking for myself here - I bought the game partly because their designs on the official site looked so cute.) Don't include the rest, that'd be overkill lol.

Messaged you about spoiler.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Ohhh my bad. I understand what you mean now. Yeah it's not a bad idea. :D

And answered. Thanks Lethe! <3
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Lovely layout and gorgeous colours, as usual! I'll admit to knowing nothing of this game, but I'm reading your about page now and it sounds super interesting. I'd love to read any more you decide to add, and I'll have to keep an eye out for this game.
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Emma! It's an amazing game. A bit hard to find and pricey but so worth it.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hey, Crystal! I'm really glad to see this fanlisting up, and I can't wait until I can join it.

I really love the layout. The colors are pretty relaxing to look at, and I love that you pulled the blue-ish and purple colors from the header. I love the graphic too with the little outline behind it and how it fades into the content. Also the nameeee <3 <3 I always love your designs, but I wanted to gush a bit about it first.

I love your "Game" page with all the information about the game. I think it's a great addition because I think this game could be overlooked by a lot of people. But if they somehow find your fanlisting, they can easily get some information without having to turn to other sources. I also really love the "First Impressions" section! I think that is a really unique section to include for a fanlisting. Agreeing with Lethe, I love that you can step back and write down some things you do have some problems with but still enjoy the game.

I also want to agree with Lethe that some information on the witches or even just a few of your favorites would be really fun, and you can add some pretty images which always looks nice (OK I just want to look at pretty Stella Glow artwork). If you do decide to add this section, I would love to read it! <3