Good Ol' Ev!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Good Ol' Ev!

Post by Robin »

Good Ol’ Ev!
a dedication to Evinrude the dragonfly from Disney’s The Rescuers

Never thought a little bug could be heroic? Well, Evinrude will prove how tough and necessary even the smallest of dragonflies can be! Check out my site about his role in The Rescuers and find out all there is to know! :)

(omg I finally released this site after 4 months of poking at it on my hard drive xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Re: Good Ol' Ev!

Post by Laura »

Ahh! What a cute site! I haven't seen The Rescuers in yeaaaars and this makes me want to watch it again. x3 I love all the very unique content you've put into your shrine... you can really feel the love. I especially like the bit about Mr Rogers. x3

Now I'm going to really be looking forward to your next project. X3 Hehehe~
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is so adorable! I'm happy a character from this movie is getting some attention. :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

wolfrun wrote:Ahh! What a cute site! I haven't seen The Rescuers in yeaaaars and this makes me want to watch it again. x3 I love all the very unique content you've put into your shrine... you can really feel the love. I especially like the bit about Mr Rogers. x3

Now I'm going to really be looking forward to your next project. X3 Hehehe~
Thank you!! :D :D Yeah, I don't remember ever seeing the movie before (maybe I did when I was itty-bitty and don't recall), but it popped up in a random search of Netflix and I thought, "Why not watch it?" Then as soon as Evinrude appeared I knew I had to make a tribute for him. (I stumbled on the video with Mr. Rogers' commentary while doing some unrelated YouTubing a while back, and it fit so well with the content and the character that I had to include it :D)

Also, the song at the beginning of the movie, "Rescue Me," is ab-so-lute-ly gorgeous and I definitely cried listening to it. :'D
Mikari wrote:This is so adorable! I'm happy a character from this movie is getting some attention. :D
:D thank you! This movie definitely gets overlooked quite a bit, so I wanted my site to be a good intro to the movie as well as to Evinrude as a character. Glad you like it! :D
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Awww yay, shrines to minor characters! I like the colour scheme you chose, and the simplicity of the picture. :> That table with admirable personality traits is a nice touch! I'm not familiar with the movie, but from reading your shrine, the character reminds me of Ray from the Princess and the Frog haha.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Woohoo childhood!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Lethe wrote:Awww yay, shrines to minor characters! I like the colour scheme you chose, and the simplicity of the picture. :> That table with admirable personality traits is a nice touch! I'm not familiar with the movie, but from reading your shrine, the character reminds me of Ray from the Princess and the Frog haha.
Thank you! :D I can see the similarity between Evinrude and Ray--that's a cool comparison to draw. (Glad the shrine works as an intro to the movie, too :D)
nyxmidnight wrote:Woohoo childhood!
YES! ^O^
withinmyworld.org
neo

Post by neo »

Honestly, this is awesome!

This shrine was kind of a step back in time for me, since I haven't seen the Rescuers in so long - EXTREME URGE TO REWATCH.

I loved Bernard+Bianca <333

That said, I like everything, but these sections really stood out to me:
:star: "Evinrude's effects on the plot"
:star: "Why he's a great character" + the helper quote/video

Basically, for a minor character, these really drive home the importance of minor/support characters. And, it's honestly a nice tl;dr-ish break between sections.

AND, THE MINI FANMIX. (I have seriously been enchanted for a while now with fanmixes for shrines)

I really enjoyed this tribute and it has given me a lot to think about.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

neo wrote:Honestly, this is awesome!

This shrine was kind of a step back in time for me, since I haven't seen the Rescuers in so long - EXTREME URGE TO REWATCH.

I loved Bernard+Bianca <333

That said, I like everything, but these sections really stood out to me:
:star: "Evinrude's effects on the plot"
:star: "Why he's a great character" + the helper quote/video

Basically, for a minor character, these really drive home the importance of minor/support characters. And, it's honestly a nice tl;dr-ish break between sections.

AND, THE MINI FANMIX. (I have seriously been enchanted for a while now with fanmixes for shrines)

I really enjoyed this tribute and it has given me a lot to think about.
Thank you!! :D :D Yeah, I wanted to help break up the blocks of text and pictures with more visually-organized information, so I'm glad that worked like I thought it would! :D I love choosing songs for characters, too--gives me a new lens with which to study them--so I've done that on pretty much all my fansites thus far :) Glad you liked the mini fanmix, and the whole site! :D
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Ahh it's wonderful, Robin! The Rescuers is a great Disney movie but it seems so overlooked, sadly. Speaking of, I like how you present the information for the movie. That's a nice intro. And I love the section with the table that discusses Evinrude's qualities; that's so original and fun while being quite insightful. :) I also think it's great how you discuss just how important Evinrude is to the plot, which is a good aspect to cover when it comes to a minor character. Love this site and glad to see it online! :heart:

Once again I'll ask for affiliation with my Disney sites: EVE, Elsa, The Incredibles, and Lumiere. XD
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.